Condemned to Piracy

Drums play in a slow rhythm as Will and Milah make their way through the crowd at Port Royal. Today was the day of Jack's hanging. "This is wrong Will," Milah mutters, grasping hold of Will's hand.

He nods in agreement, squeezing her hand slightly, "I know."

Milah looks up at Jack standing up on the gallows and sighs sadly. However as she looks away, she catches sight of a certain parrot sitting on one of the walls of the barracks. Realisation hits her as she recognises the parrot, a smile spreading across her face in happiness.

They were here.

"Will!" she calls catching his attention, pointing out the parrot. He turns back to look at her, realising the same thing she had and smiles. Milah looks behind her catching Elizabeth's eyes. She points out the parrot and Elizabeth looks over nodding as she too comes up with the same conclusion. The blonde suddenly pretends to feel faint, collapsing backwards, drawing all the attention to her.

Both Milah and Will pull out their swords making their way through the crowd yelling at them to move. At the last second just as Jack falls threw the gallows, Milah throws her sword giving the pirate captain something to stand on and prevent strangulation.

Will makes his way up to the gallows and fights, cutting Jack loose. Milah turns to a nearby solider, snatching his sword and joining the two men in the fight to the tower.

The three of them all fight in sync, using the rope which was recently around Jack's neck as an extra weapon. It was like they had done this for years as they push enemies back, moving with each other almost like they were dancing to a song of their own. They end up behind a pillar near the tower.

However turning around, they see guns and sword pointed around the three of them, trapping them in a circle. Will grasps hold of Milah's free hand as the muskets point at them. "This takes me back," she mutters thinking back to the times she would be surrounded by the cursed pirates of the late Barbossa's crew.

Norrington points his sword at Will, "I thought we might have to endure some manner of ill-conceived escape attempt but not from the pair of you."

Governor Swann suddenly appears behind him with a scowl of disapproval, "On our return to Port Royal , I granted you both clemency. And this is how you thank me? By throwing in your lot with him? He's a pirate!"

"And a good man!" both Milah and Will shout in Jack's defence. The pirate captain smiles and points at himself.

"If all I have achieved here is that the hangman will earn two pairs of boots instead of one, so be it," Will continues.

Milah speaks up, interrupting, "Of course he means three," she gives Will a look before looking back towards the governor and commodore with fierce determination. "And at least my conscience will be clear, my humanity still intact."

"You forget your place, Turner, Milah," Norrington speaks glaring at them both.

"It's right here...between you and Jack."

"Well! I'm actually feeling rather good about this," Jack speaks up suddenly and moves to governor Swann. "I think we've all arrived at a very special place, eh? Spiritually ... Ecumenically ... Grammatically?" The governor cringes away from the pirate's bad breath. Jack turns to Elizabeth who had stands next to her father, "Elizabeth ...it would never have worked between us, darling. I'm sorry." She scowls at him in disbelief. He turns back to Milah with a beaming grin, "Lovely to meet you, your highness," he bows and she rolls her eyes with a fond smile before he turns to Will last, "Will ...nice hat." Will smiles proudly, looking up at his hat.

Jack makes his way up to the tower battlement the army crowding around him as he moves backwards. "Friends! This is the day that you will always remember as the day that -"  he stupidly  falls over the battlement, not calculating the distance properly.

"Jack!" Milah shouts in alarm. She and Will hurry to look over the edge, everyone else crowding around them as well. She scans the water for any sign of him and when he finally pops up above water, she breathes in a sigh of relief.

Gillette scoffs in derision, "Idiot. He has nowhere to go but back to the noose."

"Sail ho!" A sentry suddenly yells and Milah and Will grin when they see the black sails of the Pearl coming into harbour.

"What's your plan of action? Sir?" Gillette asks Norrington.

"Perhaps on the rare occasion pursuing the right course demands an act of piracy, piracy itself can be the right course?" Governor Swann suggests and Norrington nods in agreement.

"Well I think we can afford to give him one says head start" he mutters and walks away, the army following him.

"Father," Elizabeth speaks after receiving an encouraging nod from Milah. "I wish to be able to marry whomever I want. I want love, love like Milah and Will have," she states passionate and determined.

Governor Swann looks at her, "Is that what you truly want my dear?"

"It is."

"Very well then I'm sure we can bend the rules a little," he winks. Elizabeth grins and hugs her father gratefully before the pair of them walk away leaving Will and Milah left as the only two still standing on the battlements.

"What now mister Turner? We both seem to be condemned to piracy," Milah wonders grinning, removing Will's hat so she could see his face better.

"As long as I have you by my side," he pulls her close, "I'll willing be called a pirate." Her grin widens and both of them lean in and kiss as the black sails of the Pearl sail away into the horizon with captain Jack Sparrow at the wheel.