09: Level Up

CHAPTER NINE: Level Up

"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last, you create what you will."

____

The next day they found themselves scrambling to find some tickets for the rave happening later that night that Jackson was planning to attend. It was something that Scott found out through stalking him. And when they went to school it became abundantly clear that almost everyone was planning to attend in some capacity. If luck was on their side, the Kanima's master would also be present. Thus, the rave was quickly decided as the place where the whole plan would go down.

To capture the Kanima and its master once and for all.

Isaac had somehow managed to secure only two tickets—one for Scott and the other for Stiles. Luna, unfortunately, found herself without one. Nevertheless, Deaton still insisted that she be there with them outside of the club, assigning her the very important task of supervising Stiles while he made the circle of mountain ash around the club. 

So, as the werewolves went off to fulfill their parts of the plan inside,  Luna found herself stationed outside with Stiles, burdened with the responsibility of carrying the stupid potato sack filled with mountain ash. To make matters worse, once the circle was formed, Stiles planned to leave her alone with Derek while he went inside to help trap Jackson. Luna, being of a supernatural nature herself, was unable to cross the line, while Derek, being the lazy bastard he was, didn't want to help the other wolves.

Cradling the sack against her hip like a baby, she wondered if this was what being a teen mom felt like. She was even unconsciously bouncing the sack as if that would soothe it.

And while Luna was apparently going crazy, Stiles was stooped low to the ground inspecting the uneven pavement for a good starting point for the circle. Why he couldn't just start anywhere? Who knew.

But knowing Stiles, if Luna complained about anything then he would just have to start the whole process all over again. So, she kept her mouth shut and turned her focus to the night sky above them instead. With little else to do, she started to count the stars that seemed all of a sudden extra bright

Eventually, after counting about twenty stars, Stiles took the bag from her and began to carefully pour the ash onto the ground, moving slowly to guide it into a circle. 

"At least it's not windy," she mused, following him. It was kind of mesmerizing to watch actually. The ash slowly fall to the ground with the moon casting a certain light on the grains. She felt strangely transfixed to the point where she didn't even notice when Stiles ran out.

"No," Stiles muttered, showing her the nearly empty sack of mountain ash. The small amount remaining would never be enough complete the circle.

"We should probably call Scott," Luna suggested, handing her phone to Stiles before he could do anything stupid like throw the bag and lose all of the remaining ash. He flailed his arms once, just normal Stiles activities, before dialling Scott's number.