21: Focused Energy

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE: Focused Energy

"Speak when you are angry - and you'll make the best speech you'll ever regret."

____

The group arrived in some desolate warehouse district only ten minutes later, with Argent quite literally speeding the entire way there. Once the SUV turned into an empty building and came to a stop, the three teenagers quickly piled out, with Argent following suit. They wasted no time in pulling Jackson's body out of the trunk.

While they lay the body on the pavement, Luna turned to the right suddenly, all of a sudden feeling like someone was there, watching their every move. But the place was empty with no one to be found. She shook her head, trying to dismiss the feeling, but it persisted like an itch she couldn't scratch.

Annoyed, she tried her best to ignore it and instead focused on Jackson's body again.

Isaac broke the silence that settled in the warehouse first, his voice tinged with uncertainty. "I think he stopped moving."

Yes, while Scott and Argent inspecting the area, Luna and Isaac were crouched down by Jackson's body, awkwardly taking turns poking at him from time to time. Just your average everyday activities.

"Where's Derek?" Argent asked, his eyes scanning the surroundings.

Scott and Isaac turned first, their heads tilting in unison as they were able to hear Derek from a mile away, hands and feet pounding against the pavement as he ran. And moments later, Luna turned as well, able to sense him the closer he got.

Soon enough, Derek emerged from around the corner, running towards them in his majestic wolf form. Luna couldn't help but be mesmerized by the sight. She'd been surrounded by werewolves 24/7 lately, but seeing an actual wolf was a completely different experience altogether. His crimson eyes seemed to glow with an ethereal intensity that held her gaze like a trance. Was that the feeling of being led by an Alpha?

Weird.

Moving with grace and speed, Derek leaped up as if to attack but then landed back on his feet, human again, with a low growl and a flash of his red eyes.

From around the corner, deep enough in the shadows that nobody could see him but Luna seemed to unknowingly sense, Peter rolled his eyes. "Somebody certainly enjoys making an entrance."

"I'm here for Jackson, not you," Argent declared when Derek just stared down the hunter.

Derek's response was cool and authoritative, his gaze unwavering. "Somehow, I don't find that very comforting."

"Where are they?" Scott asked Derek.

"Who?"

Scott sighed. "Peter and Lydia. Whoa, hold on a second. You said you knew how to save them."