12: The Kanima Master

CHAPTER TWELVE: The Kanima Master

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built."

____

After what felt like an eternity of searching for Lydia inside her needlessly huge house, they ended up stumbling upon a heavily incoherent Stiles, who was in a far worse state of drunken hallucination than they had experienced. Slumped against a column by the pool, his eyes were glassy, and his words were a slurred and jumbled mess. He couldn't even say a proper sentence. 

Now, under normal circumstances, Luna might have found the situation hilarious and recorded it for later blackmail material. But after finding out that Lydia's punch had been spiked, and not in a fun way, it was a lot more scary seeing him like that.

"Drink the water, Stiles. Come on, drink it!" Scott shouted urgently, trying to get Stiles to at least look at him. "Something's happening and I need you to sober up right now, c'mon Stiles!"

Luna crouched down beside Stiles' legs and attempted to shake his shoulders to no avail. She paused for a moment, considering an alternative, "I could slap him," she suggested, turning to look at Scott who glared at her. "Hey, that's how I snapped you out of it."

"What do you think you're doing?" a random girl chimed in from the side. "If you want to sober him up fast then that's not the best way to do it." Without hesitation, she pushed Luna to the side and grabbed Stiles, pulling him to his knees.

And Luna half-expected her to lean in for a kiss but instead, she drowned him.

She forcefully dunked his head right into the pool with neither Scott nor Luna trying to stop her. Stiles flailed his arms momentarily before jerking back out, shaking his buzzed head like a dog shaking off water.

And Luna tried to duck away from the splash zone because just the thought of how many people might have peed in the pool made her want to die.

"I may have to revisit my policy of not hitting a girl," Stiles grumbled, clearly annoyed. 

The girl simply rolled her eyes. "He's sober," she declared before walking away, seemingly unfazed by the whole encounter.

And just like that, Stiles joined them in their hunt for Lydia outside even though they came up empty-handed in their search.

Luna couldn't understand why they couldn't find her at her own party. The logic behind it escaped her completely because surely, as the host, Lydia would be somewhere in the center of the party.