eight

"Harry, you're being ridiculous." Rhys groaned next to me, smacking the hand that's not holding his books across his face.

"'Am not." I retorted childishly, tugging my hood further up on my head. "I'm just being cautious."

"Look at you!" He said in exasperation, motioning to my attire. "You practically raided my closet and are hiding under one of Greyson's giant sweaters."

I felt my cheeks redden as I look down at my outfit. Okay, so maybe I'm being a little ridiculous. Rhys wasn't lying when he said I practically tore his closet apart the second he let me into his dorm. Let me just lay down how this all went, basically after Rhys and Greyson came back up to the dorm room yesterday after that whole thing with my 'mates' and Professor Horan, I realized what Greyson told me the first day I met him. We were on the same floor as The Tops, a.k.a my 'mates'. I knew that since they knew my scent from the attack in the alleyway, they would now be able to recognize it once they past my dorm to get to theirs. To simplify it, I literally took every bottle of cologne Greyson owned and sprayed the entire room until my sent was unrecognizable. I also dragged Grey out of bed really early this morning and demanded he take me to Rhys' dorm. After much begging, I threw on one of his giant sweaters and practically sprinted the two of us to Rhys' omega building. From there, I dressed myself in Rhys pants and shirt - with Greyson's sweater overtop - to hide my scent.

I know it may seem a bit much...but I really don't want to have to deal with four Alphas claiming I'm their mate. After seeing them almost tear Rhys and Greyson apart for not telling them where or who I am, I don't even want to think about what they'd do to me once they find me.

"Harry, you can't keep hiding from your mates. You guys can't live without each other. And didn't you say wanted to find your mate?! Well now you have!" He stressed, his voice catching the attention of other students as we walked towards our first lecture hall.

"I know Rhys, b-but I didn't think that when I said I wanted a mate I'd get four!" I cried helplessly, pulling the sleeves of Greyson's huge sweater further over my hands. "What am I supposed to do with four mates? H-How will I even be able to handle them?            What if one of them doesn't like me? Will that make all of them hate me? A-And...a-and-"

"Hey," Rhys cut in, a smirk crawling its way onto his boyish face, "on the bright side, I bet the sex will be wild." He winked, bursting out laughing as soon as he said it.

I groaned loudly, stomping my foot to show him my unamusement, "This is serious Rhys!"

His laughter took a while to die down before he looked at me with a more annoyed expression, "You're asking me to be serious? You're the one in a disguise!" He rolled his eyes with a huff crossing his arms over his chest, "I hope you know that you're mates have one of the best werewolf senses known to man, they will probably still smell you out even if you're in Grey and mine's clothes."

"They couldn't before." I grumbled with a pout, remembering how uncertain they were about my scent with Greyson's sweater blocking it.

"Yeah, but that's because they weren't looking as hard. Now that they know for sure that they're mate is among them, they're be practically scratching the surface to seek you out." He retorted, "And I really want to see they're reaction once they find you decked out in another Alpha's clothes." He chuckled slightly, making me bite my lip to suppress a groan.

He's right. They're going to find me no matter what. I mean, I live on the same floor as them; it won't take them that long to figure out. I sighed, reluctantly lowering the hood of Greyson's sweater and peeking my head out sheepishly. I turned to Rhys who was watching me with a small sympathetic smile.