Fiction: The Strongest Medicine

That much loved ornament: you know the one, the piece that takes you back to significant time. You'd mourn its loss, wouldn't you, even any uncomfortable thoughts it may carry. Now smash it down before your feet...

You may just imagine that...

Never mind, there's always restoration through the medicine of fiction.

Imagined or real, it's beyond repair or at least beyond perfection.

Absorb the emotion that encircles you; give substance to your ghosts. Distil out your thoughts... Mould pasts or futures. Let fantasy take you. Look around and remember every detail, see every possibility exactly where you want it to be. Now the sun is shinning through every window. Relax, this is a real fantasy, everything put where you want it...

Later, non-fiction returns, but you can visit here whenever you like. Have a last look... wonderful.

Now close your eyes again and put fiction away...

Today returns, but a little softer. But now you see the why of fantasy, you stronger realist.

Phantasmagorical travel through space and time is our shielding from the non-fiction world. On demand: reality can be the ephemeral. We are all magicians, all conjurers of any matter; braver now, free to come and go.

 We are all magicians, all conjurers of any matter; braver now, free to come and go