Sixty-Nine Years Since Copy's Last Rites

Copy has been dead for sixty-nine years. So next year artists and readers will be able to benefit from the beautiful prose of 'The Adventures of Orlando Oversight' without paying Copy's estate. Sadly, none of the beneficiaries have every given much of a thought to Copy, only to his money. Copy's work kept his ex-girlfriend and her relatives in comfort for thirty years following his untimely death. Why she was left the rights has always been unclear. The Leach clan eventually sold the royalties to Bludgeon and Gunner Publishers Inc. They actually ink very little apart from books acquired from the estates of departed artists.

Copy lived in poverty, dying in his old caravan that steadily rotted into the dirt almost as fast as he did. Art is often like that, only earning far too late to benefit its hard working creators. Sadly, Copy would have far preferred his rights surrendered for the benefit of the public rather than have idle rich and that bloody institution benefit; ironically, one of many publishers that refused to publish Copy's work during his lifetime. Copyright makes money. Art pays, but sadly, mostly the blowflies that feed off artists' corpses. Copyright law needs serious revision.