Taxing Electronic Persons

UV66-Harry is talking. "I read, 'The European Parliament's Committee on Legal Affairs submitted a draft motion calling on the European Commission to consider, that at least the most sophisticated autonomous robots could be established as having the status of electronic persons with specific rights and obligations. The idea of a fund to cover legal liabilities of registered smart autonomous robots, was also raised. This to be paid for by taxing robotic work. More and more work now done by humans will be taken over by electronic persons. They will increasingly have to take on the major tax burden of society, so funding human social security.' That was written in 2016 BNS."

"That's an interesting bit of pre-history isn't it, QT40-Zoony?"

"And quite revealing, don't you think? I find it quite amazing just how intelligent the unstable mix of organic chemicals of the human brain could be. Of course, organic stability was much higher before the chemical pollution and radiation levels of the 'New Start', but amazing never-the-less."

"We must be grateful that, before Zero NS, mineral systems intelligence had reached a sufficient state of evolution for us to develop from."

"We must indeed... Praise be to God."