Chapter Eight

Living Royal

Chapter Eight

The sunlight streaming through the curtains woke Bella up the next day. She cracked her eyes open a bit but then quickly closed them again in an attempt to avoid the glaring sunshine. She tried to turn her body the other way to escape it, but she found out that she couldn't move. She had a brief moment of panic before she realized what was happening.

Bella was pressed up against a warm, hard body; Edward's body. And his arm was holding her tightly close to his chest. Her back was against his front. She felt so warm and comfortable that she didn't want to move ever again.

She tried to stay still for as long as she could, but a few minutes later, a pressing need to go to the bathroom became apparent. She started squirming around trying to suppress the need.

"Are you always so restless in the mornings?" Edward mumbled, sleepily.

Bella stilled.

"Sorry," She whispered, "I didn't mean to wake you."

"I don't mind being woken up, if it's by you," He whispered close to her ear.

Bella blushed and turned slowly to see him smiling down at her.

"Um, thanks. I really have to get up though. I- uh- have to use the bathroom."

Could this get any more embarrassing?

"Sure." He released his hold on her and she scrambled up and out of bed and almost ran to the bathroom. As soon as the door was shut, she collapsed against it and covered her face with her hands.

She just had to embarrass herself every step of the way didn’t she? What was it about him that got her so flustered and unable to form a coherent sentence?

"You can’t keep acting like this. You're a strong, independent woman. Start acting like it, damn it!" She repeated to herself over and over again.

When she found that she had spent more than enough time in the bathroom and she should probably get back there, before he started thinking she had diarrhoea, she opened the door and stepped back into his room.

Edward was still lying back in bed. His hands were folded behind his head and he was staring up at the ceiling. He turned to her when she entered, though.

"Hi." He smiled.

"Uh-hi. I should probably get going. You probably need to get ready for class."

"My first class today is in a few hours, I still have time. Do you want to grab breakfast together?" He offered, as he got out of bed. Bella was fixated, for a moment, on how his muscles moved beneath his shirt.

"Sure, just let me get back to my room so I can change and I'll meet you downstairs in, say…twenty minutes?"

He grinned, "Alright. I'll see you then."

He stopped her as she headed for the door and wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her close. He rested his forehead against hers.

"Don’t be too late," He whispered.

"I won't."

Bella almost skipped up and down on her way back to her room. If someone had told her a couple of weeks ago that she would meet a handsome, kind and wonderful prince and that she'd fall for him, she would've laughed her ass off.

Bella stopped in her tracks.

Fall for him?

Where did that thought come from?