Chapter Sixteen

Living Royal

Chapter Sixteen

Bella and Edward spent the next few days with her parents in Forks, blissfully unaware of anything that had been happening in the outside world. It was exactly what they needed; an escape.

Unfortunately, that escape ended sooner than they had hoped, Bella lamented as they stood by the car one morning saying goodbye to her parents and getting ready to leave.

"I promise to come back soon, mum." Bella gave her word when her mother wouldn't let her go.

"Renee, let the girl go. You're hugging the breath out of her." Charlie told his wife.

"Oh hush, you. I barely see my girl any more. I'm entitled to miss her."

"I'll come again as soon as I can, mum."

"And I promise to make sure she keeps her word, Mrs. Swan." Edward spoke up.

He loved how Bella was close to her parents. He never really had that kind of relationship with his father and mother. He was practically raised by a string of nannies and tutors. He was glad that Bella had a family that loved and cherished her.

Although he was close to his mother, that only came later in his life. Andhe wouldn’t even get started on his father.

As a child, Edward always felt abandoned. His father had strict rules about everything he was allowed to do. He even had a schedule for when he was allowed to see his mother.

Edward suppressed the anger he felt rising inside of him. He glanced at his girlfriend, who was now hugging her father, and smiled. That was the kind of family he'd always wanted to be a part of.

Edward stilled.

He wanted to be part of their family.

He already knew that he wanted to be a part of Bella's life, but a part of her family? That would mean that he wanted to…marry her.

Suddenly, he could see it all very clearly. Bella and him married, Bella pregnant with his child, him carrying a little brown-haired and green-eyed girl.

A strange, but comforting kind of warmth spread through him.

He knew that he was getting ahead of himself. But he just couldn't bring himself to care.

He knew right then and there that Bella was the girl he wanted to spend the rest of his life with.

"Well, Edward, it was great meeting you. Make sure you take care of my little girl." Charlie's voice jolted Edward out of his thoughts. He quickly took his proffered hand and shook it firmly.

"Yes, sir. I'll always take care of her." He promised.

They quickly bid them farewell and Edward and Bella got in their car and drove off.

"Edward?" Bella spoke after a few minutes of silence.

"Hmm?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Of course you can, sweetheart. You can ask me anything."

"What happens next?"

Edward frowned for a second, "What do you mean?"

"I mean, with your father. What do we do if he remains against us forever?"

Edward reached for Bella's hand and held it tightly in his own.

"Don't worry about my father, Bells. I know exactly how to handle him. I've been doing it my whole life, after all."

"Yes, but what will you do, exactly?"