Chapter Nineteen

Living Royal

Chapter Nineteen

"Are you going to tell me what my father said to you or will I have to go ask him myself?" Edward asked.

He and Bella had finally managed to escape the ball and retire to their bedroom.

The moment the door was closed, Edward began hounding her again, wanting to know what happened between her and his father.

Every time Bella remembered what the King had said, she got so pissed off that she was unable to speak. But Edward had a right to know. She could always down play it a bit.

"It was no big deal, honestly…"She began.

"Bella, have I ever told you that you're a horrible liar?" He grinned lopsidedly.

Bella sighed. "Okay, so he obviously did not want to chat." She said, resigned.

She proceeded to tell him everything that happened.

By the time she was done speaking, Edward's face had turned from bright red, to blue to purple. Bella was afraid that he was about to explode.

"How dare he! How fucking dare he do this! He's gone too fucking far this time." He ranted as he paced back and forth in front of Bella.

"Edward, please calm down. It's not a big deal."

"Not a big deal?! Are you serious?"

"Okay, it is a big deal, but you have to understand that this is exactly what he wants. He probably knows that I'm going to tell you everything and then you'll get pissed off and cause a problem. So let's just say calm for a little bit okay?"

Edward hated it when Bella made sense.

"Alright, I'll calm down…After I go talk to him." He headed for the door.

"What? Edward, wait! What are you going to do?" She chased after him.

"Don't worry, Bella. I'm going to have a little chat with my father."

"Ugh, Edward, weren't you listening to one word I was saying? That's exactly what he wants!"

"I don't care. I can’t stand by while he keeps on treating you like this. I have to do something." He walked out of the room and headed to his parent's bedroom.

Bella ran back to the room and started to look frantically around, searching for Edward's phone. She found it on one of the small tables and started looking through his contact list, searching for a certain name.

When she finally found it, she called the number and waited impatiently as it rang.

''Yo, what's up?"

"Emmett, I need your help."

LR-LR-LR-LR-LR-LR-LR-LR

Edward walked steadily towards his parent's wing, determined to have this conversation with his father sooner rather than later. When he reached their door he knocked and entered right away. He found both his parents sitting together in their private sitting room.

"How could you do this?" Edward growled, unable to contain himself.

King Carlisle turned and regarded his son wearily, "What is it now, Edward?"

"How could you offer to pay Bella off so she would break up with me?"

Edward heard his mother gasp at his words.