Chapter Seventeen

Living Royal

Chapter Seventeen

Edward and Bella spent the week after that looking for a house near campus. With Alice's help they narrowed the list of potential houses to three choices, two apartments and a cottage. So far, Bella was leaning towards the cottage. It was a small one floor cottage near school, which was very convenient for them. It also had a homey feel to it that captured Bella right away.

Edward had said that he didn't mind where they lived as long as they were together.

Could he get any more perfect?

Bella didn't think so.

So they settled on the cottage and decided to move in right away.

"So, are you nervous?" Alice asked, as they went shopping for furniture one day.

"About what?" Bella asked, eying a living room set that she liked.

"Moving in with your boyfriend, silly."

"Um, no. Not really. I've been practically living with Edward since we went to Buckingham anyway. I don't this will be any different." She shrugged.

"You're really not nervous at all? Not one bit?"

Bella rolled her eyes, "Are you trying to make me nervous?"

"Nope, I just think this is a big step, Bella. I'm so happy that you're doing it. I just want you to be careful. I don't want you to get hurt."

Bella stilled, turning to look at her friend, "What do you mean?"

"Don't you think this is a bit too fast? I mean, you've known him for a couple of months and you're already moving in with him."

"No, I don't think this is too fast. I love him and he loves me. That's all I need to know."

Alice noticed Bella's apprehensive expression, "I'm sorry, Bella. I didn't mean to put you down when you were so excited."

Bella put her arm around Alice's shoulders, "It's alright, Ali. You were just looking out for me. That's what best friends are for right?"

"Yes, so true." Alice nodded. "Oh! We should shop for a new outfit for you."

"Um, why?" Bella asked, already afraid to know the answer.

"Because you can't just walk into your new house with an old outfit?" Alice replied, as though it was the most obvious think in the world.

Bella had learned early on never to argue with Alice when it came to shopping. So after taking pictures of a few furniture sets to show Edward later so they could decide together, Bella and Alice took a trip to a nearby mall.

By the time Bella got back to the dorms, she was exhausted. There were only so many stores she could walk into before she felt ready to drop.

"Hey, sweetheart." Edward greeted her as she walked into his room.

Bella groaned and threw herself face down on the bed.

"Hi," She mumbled, her voice muffled by the pillows.

Edward chuckled, "Long day?"

"You don't know the half of it. I have the craziest best friend ever. My body hurts in places I never even knew existed."

Edward lay down beside her and rested his head on his elbow, "I think I have a cure for that." He wiggled his eyebrows.

Bella giggled, "I'd take you up on that, if I thought I could move."