Chapter Twenty Five

Living Royal

Chapter Twenty Five

“Do you think they’re watching?” Bella knew that she was acting paranoid, but she really couldn’t help it.

“Who?” Edward moved his head up from its resting position on the back of his reclining chair long enough to ask.

“You know who. Them.”

“Maybe,” He shrugged nonchalantly. “You can never be truly sure.”

“But I’m in a bikini.” Bella shrieked trying to cover herself.

Edward stopped her before she could put on her wrap, “And you look ravishing if I may say so myself.” He winked. She was wearing the bikini that she had bought during that shopping spree she did with Alice with the engagement ring around her neck. She knew she looked good, but it was still hard to grasp sometimes that someone like Edward saw her as beautiful.

“Edward, be serious.” Bella pouted.

“I am being serious, Bells. You looked gorgeous. You look gorgeous! Good enough to eat actually.” He smirked. “Look, we can’t let those assholes control our lives. We should just act normal and enjoy our time and hopefully soon enough they will figure that there’s nothing more to report and eventually leave us the hell alone.”

“I don’t know what’s worse, them finding us too interesting or too boring to even bother with.” Bella wondered.

“Hm, we can give them something to talk about if you want.” Edward lifted his eyebrows hopefully and bent his head intending to kiss her.

“Hold on, Romeo. Let’s just cool it for a minute.” Bella giggled.

“Listen, babe. Let’s not let them ruin this vacation for us, okay? We’re supposed to be here to escape all of that. We’re in one of the most beautiful countries in the world, we’re on a private beach over looking the Mediterranean, just forget that they exist.”

They had arrived in France, Marseille to be exact, a few hours before and had gone directly to their hotel, so all Bella had seen of it so far was the road from the airport to the hotel. Edward had promised to give her a tour of the city later on, they both had agreed to spend the first day doing nothing but lying around on the private beach owned by the hotel where they were staying. To say that Bella was stunned when they first walked into that hotel would be the understatement of the century. It was absolutely beautiful. And that was just the lobby; their suite was a whole other level of gorgeous. What Bella loved about it more than its elegance was the fact that it still felt homey.

They planned on staying in Marseille for a few days before heading off to Paris to do some sight seeing. Bella could definitely get used to it. Dating a Prince had its perks, after all.

Unfortunately, it also had its down sides. They had been hounded by paparazzi since the moment they arrived in France. How they figured out where they were was beyond Bella’s comprehension. Someone must have seen them and tipped the media off. That’s the way it always happens. Bella wished that people would mind their own damn business for once. She mostly understood that Edward had obligations and one of those was to maintain his cool in the public eye, but in the time since they arrived she was tempted more than once to at least flip the paparazzi off or punch one of them in the face when they got too close for comfort. Edward had almost lost his composure once too when one of the photographers pulled at Bella trying to get her to stop and talk to him. Bella had thankfully been able to stop him from doing anything before it was too late.

He had cooled off considerably since then and was determined that nothing would stop them from enjoying their vacation.

“When did you get so smart?” Bella laid her head on his chest with his arms wrapped around her.