Chapter 21: Fears

The sound of rattling chains was the first thing Pietro and Wanda Maximoff heard when they entered the back room of Ultrons lair. The twins had been called to help Ultron with something important but they weren't told what they were tasked to do. So they waited silently.

"Αυτό είναι ηλίθιο." A voice hissed (A/N: 'This is stupid' Greek) The voice was female and fairly high.

"Wrong language." Another high voice replied. "But I can guess. Theses things hurt."

"Ik ga die robot apart deel te nemen door een deel!" The first voice spoke up again, the language different once again. (A/N: 'I'm going to take that robot apart part by part'. Dutch)

"Still not the right language." The second one sighed. Confused Wanda made her way to the light switch and flicked it up. The room was flooded with light instantly, making the two others in the room hiss slightly. Looking down the twins froze, their faces masked with horror.

Bethany and Deanna sat on the floor in the corner of the room. Their hands were in front of them, connected by two sets of strong cuffs. The cuffs were then chained to the floor, the leeway very little. The girls clothes were dirty, their hair a mess and small cuts and bruises all over their visible skin.

The pair blinked in the bright light before shuffling back slightly, away from the twins in the room. Pietro crouched down in his spot, getting closer to the girls level without moving closer to them. The silver/white haired male stayed still while his sister joined him.

There was silence until the sound of metal boots, or in this case feet, echoed around the room. Wanda and Pietro jumped to their feet while the children tried to get further into the corner, the chains restricting the from doing so. "Ah Wanda, Pietro. You came."

"Of course." Wanda nodded stiffly. "You requested our presence no?"

"Yes I did and I see you've seen why." Ultron said, his hand gesturing towards the two frighten five year olds. "This is Deanna and Bethany, the Avengers youngest. They were taken in by Stark and the rest not too long ago."

"Stark took in these girls?" Pietro questioned.

"Yes but he dislikes them. They were sent away to live with a scientist, that's where I found them." Ultron explained. "I've been trying to help them see that the Avengers are no good and we can help them, except they aren't cooperating well. I was wonder if you would do the honers Wanda."

The older brunette blinked and looked towards Bethany and Deanna. The pair watched with wide eyes, not knowing what was coming. "We can save them from Tony Stark Wanda." Pietro said softly. The younger twin nodded once before holding her hands up, her red mist projecting towards the two girls.

Bethany's fear:

The red mist surround the brunettes eyes and instantly sucked her into a fearful vision. The small brown haired girl stood alone in the centre of New York City, her clothes completely sown together and her boots no longer scuffed. The sun above her shine brightly with few clouds floating aimlessly around the blue sky.

"Hello?" Bethany called out, taking a few steps forward. "Funny, this is the city that never sleeps." She mused, wandering around the abandoned streets. She passed a shop where a clock hung just above the door and read '11:59am'. Bethany watched the time change to midday before turning around again.

The streets were now full of people, yet none of them were rushing around or on their phones. They all walked stiffly, their eyes never moving from the person in front of them. Everyone walked and moved the same, none of them having their own ways of doing things or straying from what the others were doing.

Watching closely the brunette noticed everyone's faces held the same emotionless face, no one smiling or frowning or scowling. "No emotions." The small girl noted, taking several steps back towards where she came from. "No one has emotions." She stuttered, her eyes widening in absolute fear.

"No emotions, no individuality, nothing." She whispered in horror.

Deanna's fear:

Once the red mist invaded the blonde sight she was pulled away from the scene before her and thrown into a completely different one. Deanna opened her eyes to see herself standing in the centre of a field completely alone. Her leggings and jacket had been straightened while her boots were no longer dirty.

With a frown the blonde pulled the jacket closer and began walking forward. However as she did Pepper walked out from the lining of trees, standing around one hundred meters from the blonde. Deanna smiled and began making her way over to the PA, only to be stopped by a sudden force.

The small girl cried out as she hit the force and stumbled backwards. As she sat back up Deanna noticed more people forming a circle around her, all around one hundred meters from where she stood. Tony, Steve, Clint, Bruce, Thor, Natasha, Jane, Darcy, Erik, Fury, Jamelah.

Deanna opened her mouth to speak but instead a scream escaped her mouth. Pepper collapsed to the floor, blood pouring out of her back. One by one the group surrounding the small blonde fell lifelessly to the floor, all of them with horrific wounds. Deanna screamed and pounded on the invisible force.

"No! No! I can save them! No stop it!" She screamed in tears.

*********

A/N

Sorry I know it's been a while but I do have reasons.

1) Mild case of writers block
2) I've been working on my other stories
3) I've just started my GCSE's so have a lot to do

Anyway thanks for reading!