Chapter 3

A/N: A majority of the story will be in 1st person from now on. I feel like I write better this way. Enjoy :)

(Uncle's POV)

After (Y/N) left the house, I got ready to go to work. I dressed in my uniform, complete with a golden badge that read "Officer (L/N) sworn to protect". I locked up the house before getting into my truck and driving off.

Upon arrival, I was greeted by my many coworkers, and followed them to a back room, where my team worked on our assigned project. We were assigned the case of the missing 5 children, an incident that occurred 11 years ago. There were 5 of us in there, one for each missing child. I volunteered for this assignment for 2 reasons: so I could help (Y/N) with closure for her best friend Sai, and Sai saved her after all, so I did owe him that.

"(L/N)." One of my coworkers stated to get my attention as we sat in a big white room, with pictures and newspaper clippings pinned to the walls. "Did you talk to your girl?"

"My girl" was my niece. Around the office I always referred to her as "My girl".

" I haven't yet, I didn't have time this morning because she woke up late." I explained, and chuckled after I remembered seeing her messy hair. "But, I did leave a note in her lunchbox to get her thinking about it."

"Is the plan still the same?" Another coworker asked, followed by a reiteration of what the plan was. "Are we still encouraging her to get the job so we have eyes on the inside?"

"Yes. And she should be willing to help. Unless it's too much for her." I looked away, remembering just how frightened she was that night. I didn't blame her. She had just started smiling again after her parents died. Then that bastard in purple killed her friends, and tried to kill her. Thank God my girl was spared.

"But, if it is too much for her, the plan will fall apart." The third coworker chimed in. "I know, that she is traumatized after such an event, but we can't get near the pizzaria. The owner will not allow any further investigating. (Y/N) is crucial to this plan!"

"Yes, I know." I nodded slowly. "Like I said, I will talk to her tonight."

"It's a plan then." The leader of our team said. I didn't like the smile that went with his comment.

***

(Y/N)'s POV

"Freddy Fazbear's Pizza" I heard a voice on the other line that sounded dull and unenthusiastic.

"Hello, May I speak to your manager please?" I asked, looking at the newspaper clipping as I spoke.

"I'm the manager, what can I do for you?" He asked, same dull tone.

"My name is (F/N) (L/N). I was wondering if your job position as night security was still open."

"Yes, it is," he nervously laughed. "No one really wants that job. Are you interested?"

"Yes. I would like to schedule a time to come in and meet you."

"There's no need for that. You're hired. You start tomorrow at midnight. But come in early so you can sign the necessary papers."

"Great! I'll see you there!" I smiled, and waited for a response, but he had already hung up. This guy was very unprofessional, but I didn't care. I was just really excited to have gotten the job so easily.

I put my phone away and drove off, I went to do some grocery shopping. I had to get two pints of ice cream for when I told Uncle the good news. Good news was one of the only reasons we ever ate ice cream. After shopping I headed home to do some laundry. I was pretty much the homemaker. Uncle couldn't cook, and was always on call for his job. He did cook for me once when I was sick; Never again.