Chapter 7

As I was driving home, my mind was still in the process of taking everything in. I was in complete denial of what just happened, knowing it was inevitable for thousands of questions to follow: How are they possessing the animatronics? How is the killer still not caught? What could I do to change that? How are my friends appearing my age when they were murdered as kids? Those were just a few of the many things I thought about. I was so confused.

I made it home, Uncle had left for work already. I collapsed on the couch and broke into tears. I didn't know what to do, how I could help, or if any of this was real to begin with. Had I finally gone insane with the mourning of my friends?

One thing was for sure; I couldn't tell Uncle for now. I felt crazy enough, and could only imagine how it would sound to someone else.

I fell asleep on the couch, tears in my eyes.

--------

I had a weird dream. I was walking around the pizzaria and saw someone with the animatronics. My sight was closer to the ground, so I assumed I was younger. I saw a headless Freddy, as a man worked on his inner mechanics. I saw him place a big black sack in there. He then turned to me, with a huge grin on his face. That's when I woke up.

-------

When I woke up, I was covered in a blanket. Uncle must have put it there when he came in from work. I sat up, smelling something burning coming from the kitchen. I walked to the kitchen, seeing bits of smoke become thicker as I made my way there. When I saw him, he was attempting to cook some eggs.

"Morning (Y/N)" he greeted me with a smile, before turning to me, still holding the spatula upright, and asked, "Want something to munch?"

This of course was really funny, and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Sure, I would love something to munch." I chuckled.

When we sat down to enjoy brunch, as it was 2:00pm, I looked at the half burnt eggs and soggy cold toast on my plate. I took a bite of the eggs and cringed when I heard a crunch.

"Not to shabby huh?" Uncle said proudly. I nodded, and pulled an eggshell shard from my mouth when he wasn't looking.

"Thanks Uncle." I was sure to be grateful anyway.

"You're welcome, sweetheart..now, how was work?"

"It was..." I trailed off. What should I have said?

"That fun huh?"

"Yah. Loads of fun." I said in a way to make it sound sarcastic so he wouldn't get suspicious.

"What exactly do you do?"

"I just sit in the office and check cameras to make sure nothing fishy happens in the restaurant."

"Do the cameras record?"

"I don't know, but I can find out."

"Good. If they do, then they should have files on what happened 11 years ago. Look into it, will ya?"

"Of course." I sighed. If I found that footage from all those years ago, I wasn't sure I would be able to handle it. But I had to. I was the only one who could get my hands on such info.

All day I was writing down things I wanted to ask my friends. Things that would have helped out with the case of the missing 5, but they were also things that I was curious about. After I couldn't think of anything else, I went to the garage and picked a few things out to take to work with me; a torch, a powerdrill, a wrench, some heat resistant gloves, and some rubber gloves. I got the idea to see what I could do about Foxy.

When it came time to go, I was once again nervous to go to the pizzaria. I made it indoors just as the clock struck 12:00am. Part of me was scared to see if the animatronics at night again. But the other part wanted to see them. Also if they tried anything I would just do what I did last time.

"(Y/N)'s here!!!" I heard Clara yell as I entered the showroom. She ran to me and jumped into my arms.

"Hey (Y/N)," Ben approached me. "We thought you wouldn't have come back."

"Why would you think that?" I said, struggling to keep my footing. Once Clara's arms were around me, it was hard to stay on my feet.

"We thought we may have scared you." Sai mentioned, as he stepped out of his animatronic. Freddy, Bonnie and Chica were now on stage, lifeless. It was beyond creepy.

"I felt many emotions yesterday when I met you. Fright was not one of them." I assured. Sai Smiled.

"Heyyyy what's in the bag?" Clara asked, pointing to the tool bag I bad brought.

"Well, I want to see if I can fix Foxy. That's okay, isn't it?" I replied.

"Of course it is! Come on!" Clara pulled my hand and led me to the ripped and worn down purple curtains behind the out of order sign.

"Felix? Can I come in?" I called. It was quiet before I heard a reply.

"Who be thar lass? And ye ought ta know, I go by Felix no more." He answered from the other side of the curtain. I always thought a Pirate's accent was funny so I giggled.

"I uh...be (Y/N). I want to talk to ...ye." I said.

"That was terrible." Ben laughed. Sai went in the cove to talk to Felix. A few minutes later, he opened the curtains. I looked inside to see Foxy slumped on a chair, definitely torn up. No wonder he couldn't move. He was in such bad shape, and no one was doing anything to fix him.

"Come here, lass." Felix instructed me. He refused to come out of his animatronic. He was living as Foxy. That explained why he was talking that way. Foxy was always his favorite, and I guess talking that way for 11 years would make it second nature.

I came face to face with Foxy. He just stared at me for a few moments. It was awkward.

"Aye, thar be the lass from the years past."

I liked foxy too, back in the day. I loved the way he talked and I could feel that childish part of me just want to chill with Foxy, and attempt his language.

"Yes, it's me." I smiled and tried to hug him, but it was difficult at that angle. "I met with everyone else yesterday. I'm sorry I didn't see you before 6:00am."

"That be fine, lass. This ol' sea dog holds no grudges."

"Great. Now that that's settled, I came to see if I can fix you. How would you like to walk, Captain?"

"That be impossible. The years be unkind to these ol' bones."

I grabbed the powerdrill from my bag. "Let me try."

A/N: I didn't realize how fun it was to write how Foxy talks. I hope you enjoyed that as much as I did!