I Won

I just couldn't go to sleep. The clock read 3:55am, and I couldn't close my eyes. Right next to my bed was Iri knocked, looking like a little baby. I just sat there, one minute....two minutes....3 minutes....10 minutes. Time went by so slow it was killing me, all I wanted was it to become morning. I finally decided to go to my keyboard I brought. Good thing it had headphones, so I wouldn't wake up Iri. I began to play Grenade by Bruno Mars, I hummed the lyrics throughout, not once keeping my eyes off my fingers hitting each note.

Why couldn't I go to sleep? I have absolutely no drop of exhaustion in my system. None.

I was brought back to reality when the flash of a car roamed through the room from the window reflection. California is busy day and night, people going to work, partying, or exploring. I remembered that there was still a couple of beers in the fridge from which Iri bought when she turned 21 a couple of days ago. I was still 20, turning 21 in September. Though I was still underage in America to drink, I didn't care, I was a month away from turning 21 anyways. Everybody at least has one beer before the age of 21. I quietly walk to the kitchen trying to make the least noise possible. I popped open one took a sip. It was cold, refreshing, the more of the sips I took and the more my body was introduced to the beer my mind was put to ease.

I flashed back to the first time I got drunk.

I was alone in my room, the beer I got was from what my dad had bought. I snuck downstairs when my parents where asleep and took about 5 beers out of the fridge. I was only 15 and had an empty stomach so it was obvious that I was going to be wasted by the time I got to about the third drink. That night my mom and I did not eat, my father had gone out and left us with nothing, not a credit card, not a single scrap of food at home, nothing.

I thought twice if should drink the beers or not. It wasn't my first time tasting beer, so I wasn't surprised at all. That night I felt happy, all my pain, depression, bullies, and every little problem in my life was pushed away. No one could tell me to stop, I was alone, nothing held me back from feeling the world get lifted off my shoulders. Only thing that sucked was the hangover I got the next morning. I played it off by just saying I had migrains or something. I brushed my teeth and rinsed it with scope to make sure nothing of the smell of beer lingered off my mouth as I spoke.

Tonight I felt exactly the same. Everything in my life that was wrong pushed away, off my shoulders. Nothing could drag me down.

I was on my 8th one when I started to feel slightly dizzy. I walked towards the bathroom to........wait, why was I going to the bathroom?

I knelt down, holding a grip on one side of the toilet. With my other hand I brought it up to my mouth. With that I quickly got rid of the fluids from my stomach to the toilet. It made it difficult to breathe, my throat burning.

I rinse my mouth with water, hopefully getting rid of the aftertaste. After flushing the toilet I made my way to the piano to play more....

"Nani? Nani!"

I look up too see Iri stand right in front of me. I hadn't even heard her footsteps, well I was playing the piano with the headphones and writing lyrics.

"Oh hey" I hadn't realized that it was morning. I know I didn't sleep at all, my eyes must have been to concentrated on what I was doing that I didn't she the change in light from dark to bright. "Good morning" I smile taking off my headphones.

"Did you even sleep Nani? You look worn out" she questioned.

"Yeah, I just woke up early."

"Oh.... well how was it with Niall yesterday"she says wiggling her eyebrows. She believed me.