Chapter 10: Ditching With A Stranger

It was quite for a moment. I drove to my parking spot and parked my car there, the engine still running though. Fuck. How the hell do you tell a person to leave. I mean I cant just say 'Hey I was gonna ditch so I need you get out'. It was as if Frank had read my mind, because he turned to me.

"So, where do you usually go when you ditch?' he asked as he put his feet on the dash board. 

"uuuh...Im not going to ditch...." I lied

"Gee.....dont have to lie. I know youre gonna ditch.......I want to come with." He said with a devious smile. I suddenly blushed. I quickly looked away. What the fuck? Gerard get a hold on yourself. Why the hell are you blushing so much today. 

"Y-You cant come" I said

"Why?"

"Because I dont like hanging out with people okay" I blurted out. Fuck. I should not have said that. I turned to look at him. He wasnt looking at me anymore, he was looking to the front. He was thinking about something, but I couldnt quite place a finger on it.

He turned to me and said "I know you dont, but I want to change that. I want you to want to hang out with people without being so nervous." I looked at him with shock. 

"Why do you care if I hang out with people or not?" I whispered

"Because Gee. I honestly do think youre an amazing person that has just been hurt so many time. I want to change the way you think about the world. I want to be that person Gee. Please let me be that person." He said. I looked up at him and met his eyes. His beautiful brown eyes that for the first time in a long time gave me hope. Hope for the future. I looked at Frank and sighed.

"Fine. You can come....." I said. He smiled at me. 

"See, now was that so hard?" he asked

"Yes." I was actually expecting him to burst out laughing at what I had said but he did. He looked so adorable when he laughed. He made me want to laugh when he laughed. Gerard, whats going on with you. Dont think like that. No, you cant.

In the end I decided to go to this coffee shop I always enjoyed going. I initially found this place when I was bored one day, my parents had been fighting and Mikey was with Bob and Ray. I liked this place becuase it was small, not so popular and plus they had the best coffee in Jersey other than Starbucks. I couldnt afford Starbucks so I just decided to make this coffe shop my very own. 

I walked in without hesitation. The people here knew me, they even sometimes manage to make me to say hi to them. I even talked to one of the waitress that worked here once. Thats how comfortable I am in this place. But Frank in the other hand looked completely nervous. This was probably the first time he'd ever been here. I decided to sit in my usual booth. A booth in the back corner of the shop. 

"So....this is...a coffee shop..." I said

"No shit" said Frank sarcstically. I let a little laugh come out. Did I just laugh? Okay. Its official Gerard. You change when youre with Frank...but why? Frank smiled at me. I guess he was happy that he managed to make me laugh.

"So Gee. Tell me about yourself. Who is Gerard?" Frank asked. I hesitated a little bit with this question. Am I ready to trust someone again. Can I trust Frank not to hurt me or make fun of me? Im not sure, he looks like I could but looks can be deceiving. Dammit Gerard. Just trust him. I mean hes managed to make you laugh, talk, smile and hang around him in under two days. Might as well try. 

"Uuum. Well my names Gerard. I have a brother named Mikey. Im 18. I like draw, but I will never show anyone my drawings. Never. I.........I dont know what do you want me to tell you?" I asked in frustration.

"You dont need to tell me anything really. Im okay with what you told me. Im just glad that you actually trust me." He said with a smile. I smiled back. Something suddenly happened. I felt something weird happening in my stomach. You've got to be fucken kidding me.............

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dropped of Frank after what seemed like an hour full of my emotions being turn to shreds or paste back together. I parked my car in my drive way though. He insisted that I didnt have to park in front of his house then park in my drive way afterwards. So we both got out of the car at the same time. He started walking towards his house. He was in his front door when he turned to see me. God, I think he knows I was staring. Dammit. He smiled at me then got inside his house. 

I walked to my front door and went inside the house. I had no clue what was going on with me. Something change with me today. Not physically but mentally and emotionally wise. I walked to my room and crashed on my bed. I laid there starring at my ceiling.

Okay Gerard. Lets think about what just happened. You ditched school with frank. You've never ditched with someone else before so thats a first. You took him to the coffee shop you swore you would never show to anyone. And then you talked to Frank. Thats not weird. Normal people always do this kind of things, why am I so worried about this. I mean I was just hanging out with the most friendly, nice, amazing, most adora- no....no. No. No. No. I cant. Do I have a crush on Frank? I cant. Im straight. Im not gay. I like girls not guys. So what if Frank has the most amazing eyes....the best smile..the cutest laugh..his adorable height..the most beautiful lips..Oh god. I have a crush on Frank..... 

Suddenly I heard a knock on the front door. Who could that be? Its to early for my mom to be back from work and Mikey said he had a big project he had to do with Ray. I walked towards the front door. I didnt know who it could be. I mean the only other person I could think of is the delivery man but its to late for him to be coming to our house. Who is it?