08. Movies and Chocolate

Chocolate Hearts
Chapter Eight
Movies and Chocolate

Nari had left work early the next day. It was a Saturday, and they didn't open on Sunday the next day so they could rest, recover, and do their own thing for a few hours - and have a nice, long sleep in.

They had been planning to close early on Saturday, anyway; Hye-Ja had to get up early the next day and travel for almost two hours to visit her mother for her birthday, and Yumi was going to some big party that would surely last the night, and almost certainly include alcohol and loud music. No doubt she'd sleep the entire of Sunday to recover.

Nari hadn't forgotten what Kai had invited her to, Exo's movie night that day. Jongdae had sent her a text, saying he and Kai were able to get everyone to readily agree to her coming over.

The reason she'd left early was because she'd wanted to make small chocolates to eat during the movie. She knew they probably would have bought popcorn and snacks, but she wanted to cook as well. Baking was fun, and their reactions to anything she made always made her smile. It felt good to know that your hard work was appreciated; she didn't see that with all customers, but she always did with them, and it always made her spine tingle.

So Nari had spent the entire afternoon on her chocolates, and by the time she arrived to visit she had a box full of small, individual bite-size chocolates, which were perfect to snack on during a movie. Each had their own little twist to it to make it interesting; she'd included popping candy in some, and there were some orange and mint fillings too. Making chocolates was a lot of fun and her speciality in the kitchen along with cakes. Maybe that was why she was often in charge of their patisserie's chocolate hearts.

Nari continued baking into the evening, and then left ten minutes before she was due to arrive. The sight of their front door was becoming a familiar one, she thought with a laugh when she ended up in front of it ten minutes later, and rapped loudly on the door.

There was an instant shout of, "I've got this!" and seconds later it opened, revealing Sehun. He must have been near the door if he'd answered it so quickly. He grinned at her and invited inside.

"Hi, Sehun," Nari chirped, as she stepped inside.

"Nari, hey." His eyes widened when he noticed the chocolates in her hands. "You baked for us again?"

Nari nodded as they headed down the corridor to. "I wanted to, it's fun. And what's a movie night without chocolates?" A bad one, and a night that shouldn't have occurred in the first place. No movie night was complete with chocolate and popcorn to snack on.

"You should've told us! We've already got popcorn and chocolates from the store."

"But that means there's more chocolate now." Nari winked. "And the more chocolate the better, right?"

Sehun grinned. "You got a point there. Oh, and do you like Marvel?" he asked suddenly. "We were going to put one of those movies on, the others are debating which one right now, but we can change if you don't like them."

Nari's jaw dropped. She had heard that right, didn't she? "You're joking!" she exclaimed. "I love Marvel!" I'm going to watch one of my favourite movies with my favourite band. Since when does this happen? Only in stories.

"That's good," Sehun said, as they entered the lounge. Everyone was seated around the couches, some on the armrests, as Baekhyun inserted the DVD into the DVD player. "Ah, everyone's just about ready. What movie did you choose?" He yelled the last part out to the others.

"The Avengers," Baekhyun called back, taking his seat on one of the couches.

"First one or Age of Ultron?"