21. Cloud Nine

Chocolate Hearts
Chapter Twenty-One
Cloud Nine

The moment Nari woke up the next day, her lips instantly spread into a bright smile. She shivered, the events of the previous night still imprinted heavily into her mind.

The confession. His smile, his disbelief, her own nerves and excitement. Jongin's lips against her own. Telling the others, and having the, cheer and congratulate them. A sweet goodbye in the night air.

Nari pinched herself to make sure that it hadn't been a dream, since it all seemed to good to be true. Pain flaring up her body and she winced, but there were no changes to her surroundings. She was suddenly breathless.

The last night had been real, and Kim Jongin was now her boyfriend.

She couldn't help but wonder how many other girls would kill to be in her place right now.

Nari stayed lying on her back a little longer, basking in the memories of the previous night. She only dragged herself from her thoughts when her phone buzzed next to her, alerting her of a text message. With a lazy sigh she reached across and read the message displayed on the screen.

She couldn't keep the grin off her face when she saw it was from Jongin.

Are you doing anything today?

It was Sunday - the store was closed today, and she had planned for nothing else. She quickly typed back her reply.

Nothing.

She waited anxiously for his answer, and looked down instantly when her phone buzzed.

I'm coming over, should be there in 10.

Nari grinned, fingers already flying over the keypad.

Okay. Looking forward to it.

After she'd sent her reply Nari leapt out of bed, hastily made it, and quickly got ready. She had little time to fret over her outfit and just selected something casual but cute; a skirt and a simple blouse. She brushed her hair out, and considered tying it back, but in the end settled on leaving it loose.

The knock came at her door soon after she finished getting ready. Nari bounded toward the door, beaming at Jongin, who smiled back.

"I brought breakfast," he said, holding two brown paper bags. He grinned as Nari quickly kissed him in the threshold before leading him inside. He handed her one of the bags and she peered inside.

"Croissants!" she exclaimed, eyes lighting up. She noticed the jar he placed on the table. "And you even bought jam!"

He smiled. "Fresh from the market. I thought you'd like it."

"I love it," she breathed. She pecked him on the lips before she waltzed to the kitchen to grab plates and knives for the both of them. They sat next to each other on the couch, plates in their laps, helping themselves to freshly made croissants and generous amounts of jam. Nari was ecstatic to find that the jam he'd selected was strawberry jam - her favourite.

"Did you sleep well?" he asked.

"I did. And you?"

He grinned. "I was up all night, thinking about you."

Nari turned bright red, and she pushed him in the side. "Shut up! That's so cheesy."

He only laughed. Nari rolled her eyes and finished her last bite of croissant. She put the plate on the table in front of them, dusted the crumbs off her lap, and rested her head against his shoulder.