Chapter: Thirteen

Pierce's P.O.V

My eyes open as I feel Josias climbing on top of me. He covers my mouth with his hand while putting one finger in front of his. 

They narrow soon, feeling his body so pressed against mine. It isn't the body my wolf desires and he is not happy with the situation, no matter the reason. I turn my head away which only causes him to press himself further into me.

"What is-"

"Sh!"

 A wave of scents comes wafting from under the door making me grow still.

"What is going on? Does he know?" I whisper.

"I-I'm not sure," his voice shakes. 

"Why are you shaking?"

"Why are you not? He will kill us if he knows of this."

The door handle jiggles for a moment, but it stops after a couple of seconds. My heart starts to beat faster as I feel Josias' anxiety sinking into me. It could not possibly be that he knows. No, Josias is afraid of something else. 

"Calm down...shh. If we just keep quiet like this it will be fine."

"Someone is outside our door!" he whispers with anger. "How can I be calm?"

"It is not Sanuel. He has a strong smell to him." 

"Then who-"

The door bursts open and my eyes widen at the site of the werewolf standing right in front of me. Of all people the last person I expected to come for me. He eyes me for second before wiping away a smear of blood from his face. 

"Pierce." 

He stalks towards me eyeing Josias lying on top of me all the while. 

"Stevens- why- how did you-" 

"Get up. Now. Quickly!" he grabs Josias and flings him away from me. "I will not ask, for now,  just come." His hands wraps around my wrist tugs me out the door.

"Wait-wait-wait- Josi-" 

"Do you think I came to rescue every single were here?" he growls madly. "The only reason I am here is because Cassius would not relent on coming." My eyes widen as his narrow. "Come this way."

"Cassius is-"

"He is fine." He makes a sharp turn around the corner behind some more human homes before ducking passed a villa and some western weres on duty. In an instance, I realize Stevens must have been here plenty of times to navigate this place so well. 

Before we can make it into the trees, I feel a hand on my other wrist. 

"He cannot leave without me." Stevens takes a quick look at him with confused, glaring eyes before looking back at me.

"You did not." Before I can answer, he puts his hand up and continues to tug me along into the forest. 

"They will notice the guards dead. Before long they will send wolves out for us. We must put some distance between this place," Josias mutters as the stifling tension between us begins to rise.

Nothing is said for quite a while until, finally, Stevens decides to respond. 

 "All you do is put his life in danger. All you do is cause trouble for him. Is that not the exact opposite of what a mate should be?" he snarls causing my heart to fall. "It would have been better if you had been dead."

"Do not say words like that to him!"

"And who the hell are you to say anything at all? You know nothing of what I am speaking of, so stay quiet and tag along before I change my mind."