Chapter: Twenty-Two

Cassius' P.O.V

I wrap my arms around him tighter as I feel him about to roll away from me. My head presses back against his chest feeling the steady beats of his heart. Just that sound alone, seems to calm me.

In the end, as always, I end up giving into him. No matter how upset or frustrated I am with him...I cannot seem to deny him me. I cannot seem to deny myself him either.

I let out a sigh and scoot closer to him, draping my leg over his. That way he would not be able to move away from me.

"Why must you do this to me, Pierce...? You give me pain and then medicine to heal it..."

My eyes finds his sleeping face making my heart feel like it's melting. The entirety of my body warms at the very thought of him. Just seeing him, being best him is one of the greatest feelings I have ever felt before.

Soon, I feel his fingers tracing down my chest down to my navel.

"Cas, do not leave me..."

"I have to... Be happy that I allowed you this much."

"Allowed me?" Pierce asks with a gruff laugh. "What is there to allow?"

"I'm upset with you still."

"So you'd separate yourself from me for that reason? I spent months trying to get back to you. To be with you. Only for you to leave me because I did not tell you about your brother? It is cruel."

"It's not just that. It's everything. I spent far too much time here and I disregarded my packs feelings on this due to my clouded emotions."

"What are the other reasons?"

"Your father."

"And the others?"

I purse my lips.

"Your outbursts yesterday... I'm sure they held some kind of meaning. Do not say they did not..."

My eyes close.

"Forgive me and my narrow-mindedness. I didn't think to realize anything about my father or your pack or... Your family. I disregarded that all thinking I'd be enough..."

"Pierce-"

"What happened to the north was terrible and I wished to erase it from your memory. Not bring it up. Not talk about it... That wasn't a good solution to the problem either. So forgive me."

He presses his hand to my cheek.

"Forgive me for not realizing this all sooner. I'm sure you were bottling it up... It must have been hard on you."

His voice is still filled with so much sleep as he says all this. He must have been thinking about it for a while.

"So don't leave me. Stay for now and I promise I will not be as ignorant as I once was."

My eyes fall.

"The humans and the west plan to be here soon, so it would be better and safer for us all if you stay."

"...the problems of The East is no concern of mine just as the The North is no concern to you."

"Cassius, that's not true. You know it isn't."