Chapter: Thirty-One

Cassius' P.O.V

Everything felt strange and unfamiliar. The first moment I stepped foot back into my palace rooms, I felt like a stranger. As time wore on, I began to get used to it. Still, I feel like a stranger in my home. What I had done that day had cost me many lives of my kin. Whether I would like to admit it or not...I chose him over them.

I sit cross-legged on the sandalwood floor unique to my pack. Soon, I begin to clear away all of his toys as I watch him push himself up onto his legs and tries to walk towards me. He takes his first wobbly step and then he takes one after another until he falls into my arms. I press him against me as he giggles onto my cheek causing me to smile and kiss his cheeks over and over again.

"You're so cute because of me," I coo before kissing his forehead and combing my fingers through his hair. Pierce was right. Ciaran is such a good name for him.

"Ah, and not me?" Pierce leans in from behind me and picks him up causing Ciaran to laugh.

"You know, you look like daddy too."

I turn around and see him kiss his cheek before Ciaran wraps his small arms around his neck causing my heart to warm. He mumbles some incoherent words as his head tucks into Pierce's neck. It's a tell tale sign he's getting sleep. He always falls asleep in his arms.

"Goddess, you tire him out before I even get the chance to spend some time with him."

"Yeah? Well, you should have been here two hours ago. He's always full of energy in the morning," I yawn.

He starts to rock him as his grip on him, gradually, lessens. His head lolls to the side as his lips part. In just a couple of minutes, he's going to be fast asleep.

"Your brother is going to be here soon," I hear him mumble while he kisses his cheek again.

"I know."

"And his child and mate."

"I know." I cut my eyes away from him before rising to my feet.

"He has a cousin..." he smiles, "and an aunt and uncle who can't wait to see him."

My lips purse before I give him a small smile.

"But you don't seem to happy about it?"

Why would I ever be? Truly, Pierce, you are too good and too kind. Too forgiving, and I love it so much.

"I'll call for Analia to take him."

As soon as I open the door, I see Analia standing around the side of it. Ever since I decided to leave back to my territory, Analia has been my Beta and she has been very good at it. Not only is she that, she is the person I can most trust to get things I rather not have everyone know of, done quietly and quickly.

"My Grace."

I give her a nod.

"Take Ciaran to his room. He's fallen asleep and I need to speak with Pierce."

Her face brightens before she nods. It is no secret that we, as werewolves, love pups, especially, ones born from Alphas. Many of my pack members had asked to help with him, but I am still wary and I rather have just those closest to me watch him. I know none of my packmates would ever do a thing to harm him, it is just my...instincts.

She walks passed me and to Pierce. Soon, as she has Ciaran's arms unwrapped around him she picks him up and leans him against her.

"We will be going to the Ceremonial Center in half an hour. Let him sleep for an hour before bringing him to me."