Chapter 1

Onika

"Nicki can we skip class just this one time" my best friend Beyoncé whined, as we was walking down the hall to our next class.

"No bey you know how I feel about missing my classes" I said. I've never skipped class a day in my life and I wasn't going to start now, especially in the beginning of my senior year.

"Ugh whatever, I'll see you later" she walked off in the opposite direction. I shook my head I don't get why people skip don't you want to graduate, go to college and have a career?

I sat in the middle of the front row, I took my notebook out for calculus and wrote done what was on the board.

After class I went to my locker to get my stuff so I can go home. I was waiting at my car for 5 minutes until I seen Bey walk pass me with two other guys.

"Uhm Bey where are you going?" I shouted a little. Her and the two guys turned around and looked at me.

"Oh Nicki I forgot to tell you that I'm not riding with you today I'm going with Chris and his friend" she explained. I looked over at the two guys and they didn't look friendly.

"Whatever" I mumbled and got in my Benz.

-
"What would you like for dinner Onika" my mom asked gaining my attention from my homework.

"Spaghetti" I said, putting away my homework, turning on the tv.

"Alright sweetie" she went back in the kitchen. I was watching the movie Little Man until my phone ranged.

"Hello" I answered.

"Nicki come outside" and the person hung. I got up and looked out my living room window to see Bey leaning against someone's car with those two guys I seen her with after school.

"Bey what are you doing here" I asked her.

"I came to pick you up" she said smirking.

"At 9 something at night? To go where hm?" I seen the two guys talking lowly to each other.

"To hang out what else" is she serious?

"Yea uhm no I'll pass" I tried to go back in the house before she stopped me.

"Come on nick who wants to be in the house on a Friday night? Stop being a goody two shoes for once and have fun" I shook my head.

"Come on Bey if shawty don't wanna go she don't have to go" one of the guys spoke up.

Bey sighed. "Nicki please, what if something happens to me" she pouted.

"Then don't go" I stated, arms crossed.

"Please please please please ple-"

"Okay!" I yelled. "I'll go just let me ask my mom" I waked back in the house and went in the kitchen.

"Mommy" I dragged out.

"What is it now Nicki" she asked draining the noodles in the sink.

"Can I go out with Bey" I batted my eye lashes.

"Sure, about time you leave the house be back by 1" I nodded and rushed out the door, but when I got outside I took my time slowly strolling to the car.

"Really nick? Walk faster" bey rolled her eyes.

I got in the back where the other guy is, I honestly don't know their names nor do I care.

"Okay Nicki, this is Chris" she pointed to the guy driving the car. "And this is Meek, I'm not sure if that's his real name or what he won't say" she explained.