Chapter 4

Onika

"Nicki you just can't be lying to him because you want to see him, what if he was doing something important and you calling acting like something wrong with you. I don't know why you start lying now you never lie" Bey scolded me, why she so mad? I didn't lie to her, but it did make me feel bad.

"I know I know, I just want him to like me. You know how I am when it comes to boys" I whined.

"Didn't he tell you to not try so hard? You're making yourself look desperate and honestly it's pathetic Nicki" Ouch

"I-" she cut me off.

"Let me finish!" She yelled making me jump.

"I'm tired of watching you chase him, I'm tired of listening to you whine about how you don't like you and it's getting annoying. Do you really want him to want you?" I nodded.

"Good cause I'm sick of you following him around like a lost puppy" she sighed.

"So he wants you to not try so hard so that's exactly what you're going to do" she said to herself, pacing back and forth.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"You're going to stop trying, which means that you're going to stop caring so much, don't talk to him first, don't call him first nor text, when you see him act like you don't see him. It's a few more things we need to go through but I can't think of none right now" she said.

"But isn't that gonna make him think I don't like him..?" She clapped like a proud grandmother, smiling hard.

"Exactly! When you start acting nonchalant about things he's gonna be thrown off. Then he's gonna be the one stressing over you instead of you stressing over him!" She exclaimed.

"Okay... I think I can do that" she squealed.

"Oh and also stop listening to everything he tells you to do, you are your own person you control your actions not him" I nodded understanding.

"Okay now get out Chris is coming over" she moved her eyebrows up and down.

"Ew you're nasty" I said sounding like a child.

"Not the first time I heard that" she smirked.

"Alright now I'm leaving!" I left out her room, going downstairs grabbing my bag leaving her house.

-

After that day at Bey house I haven't seen Meek in like 3 weeks and it was worrying me. I haven't been paying attention in class so all my perfect A's were turning into B's. My mom started lecturing me about my grades dropping. I know it's worrying her because I've always been a straight A student, but my mind has just been else where.

It was finally thanksgiving break and I couldn't be happier. Usually most families have big dinners with all their family but me I was usually alone or with Bey since my mom worked over thanksgiving break every year. But I'm okay with it since I'm use to it.

I was in my room watching The Game on Netflix, until I was interrupted by my phone ringing.

"Yes?" I answered tiredly without looking at the caller Id.

"Damn that's how you answer my phone calls?" I instantly smiled at the sound of Meeks voice. Then I thought about what Bey told me.

"Uhm who's this?" I asked trying to sound confused.

"Who the fuck you think it is, what you got other niggas callin ya phone?" Language.

"Oh I'm sorry I didn't recognize your voice for a sec" I smirked.