Bonus chapter

*Bonus chapter*

Nico's P.O.V

"I don't know about you, but I'm feeling twenty two!" Will sang with a surprisingly clear voice.

Brett's laughter bubbled out of him. "Ooh! Ooh! Sing Shake it off next!"

"No! You only dared me to sing a few lines, not a few songs!" Will's answer was accompanied by his flaming cheeks. That boy's blush did things to my heart that I would never understand.

Brett managed to control his laughter for a few seconds. "C'mon, I bet Grace would even sing it with you!" He raised his eyebrow at Grace as if daring her to contradict him. 

"Alright, but if I'm singing it, so are you." She fixed her gaze on Brett who had suddenly gone pale.

"Don't make me sing!" Brett pleaded, but after Grace's glare didn't waver he turned to me. "Fine, but Nico's singing too!"

I spluttered. "No way, that's not happening."

"Please?" Brett begged, literally down on his knees.

I shook my head. "Not going to happen."

Grace pulled him to his feet. "Looks like it's time for the children of Apollo to show what we're made of."

"Ugh! You're no fun!" Brett punched Grace's arm lightly as the beginning of the song started to play. The first minute was full of off-key notes from Brett and Grace who had apparently been gifted with archery rather than music. Will's voice was probably the only thing keeping them on time, but it was still entertaining to witness. Especially since it was accompanied by some horrible dance moves from all three of them. It was insane how graceful they all were in battle, but put on a tune and suddenly they were all jerky and wobbly. Watching them perform did wonders for my self-esteem.

"I shake it off, I shake it off." Grace belted out as Brett and Will pretended to dust off their shoulders. The song finished the same way it began, full of laughter and smiles.

They took their seats before I chose my victim. "Brett, truth or dare?"

"Uh, dare I guess." He answered with uncertainty.

I chuckled darkly for a few seconds to scare him. "Good choice. I dare you to sneak into the Poseidon cabin and write a message for Percy to find."

"What's the message have to say?" He asked.

I smirked. "Just write: Not my type, he'll know who it's from."

"I feel like I'm missing some inside joke." Will spoke up.

I nodded. "Oh you are, I'll have to tell you about it another time."

"I'll hold you to that." Will grinned before turning to Brett. "Now get going, I want to see if you can actually pull this off without pissing Percy off."

"Thanks for the vote of confidence, brother of mine." Brett pouted before dashing off. 

It was a full ten minutes before he returned, which we filled with music and small talk. Will was the first to notice Brett's return. "What took so long?"

Brett blushed for a few seconds before replying. "He was inside, so I had to wait for him to leave."

"What's with the blush, what was he doing in there?" Grace asked bluntly.

Brett's blush came back with a vengeance. "Well, he wasn't alone..."

"Oh Gods! He was with Annabeth wasn't he?" Grace sat up straighter and fixed her gaze on Brett. "Were they making out?" Brett's lack of answer said it all. "That must have been so awkward!" She turned towards me. "Great dare! You should teach me your evil ways someday."

"Maybe." I answered cryptically which earned a laugh from the girl.

Brett sat down before looking at Grace with an evil glint in his eye. "Truth or dare?"

"Hmm... Truth." She replied with a confident smile.

Brett pouted. "Why can't you just pick dare like everyone else?"

"Because I'm better than everyone else!" She giggled.

Brett rolled his eyes. "My how humble thou art."

"Woah, speak English!" Grace stuck her tongue out at him.

"That was english, you uneducated doofus." He poked her in the side before continuing. "Anyways, on with the question: anyone at camp catch your eye?"

Grace shook her head. "Nah."

Will chuckled. "Well, that was climatic."

Grace smiled. "I think your sarcasm level has risen sharply since your encounter with Ghostie."

"What can I say, he grows on you." Will replied before standing up. "I'm done with this game, let's go sit by the lake and listen to some music."

"I like this plan," I said as I got up," but only so long as we listen to your music. Gracie said you had My Chemical Romance."

"I do! I'll go get my stuff! Be right back." Will replied before running off.

I locked gazes with Grace. "Did you ever get any presents from your dad like Will's yellow speakers?"

"Oh yeah, Apollo actually gives out gifts all the time. Just last week I got a bright yellow scarf to match the bright yellow gloves he gave me last month."

I raised my eyebrow. "Really?

"Yeah, he only gives out things in the colour yellow. It's a bit annoying when the majority of your wardrobe is yellow, but he means well."

Brett spoke up. "But have you ever gotten yellow underwear as a gift? He got them to shine too, so if my shirt rises up, you'd see something glowing in my pants. Not a fun experience, let me tell you..."

"I'm kind of loving my scarf now." Grace froze. "Oh Gods, what if he sends me a glowing bra? I think I'd have to get a child of Hephaestus to burn it!"

We laughed and teased each other long after Will returned with the music. I barely remember the walk to the lake, or settling down beneath some trees, but I do remember the look on Will's face as the sun started to set. His eyes were unfocused as his lips moved along to the latest song. His tanned skin was turned a soft golden in the reflection of the setting sun on the water.

He looked so happy.

I nestled closer to him before dropping my head on his shoulder. Feeling a smile creep onto my face, I slipped my hand into his. Today had been perfect, but it was made even better when we heard a shout from the cabins.

"What do you mean you're not my type? I'm everyone's type!"

Our laughed echoed off the water before getting stuck in my memory as one of the happiest moments of my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you're reading this, it means I've finished my Solangelo fanfic Eclipse. I wrote this bonus chapter just after completing chapter twenty five, so it's been finished for a while now. Hopefully you enjoyed the fanfiction, and if you did then feel free to check out my other stories on my profile. My one-shot book is usually in need of suggestions, so go give that a look if you'd like.

The next update should probably be some huge thank you note, so be prepared so the many thank yous that are coming. :P

Did this live up to your expectations? >.<

Thanks for reading and being awesome in general! -Tianne :)