In which Nico keeps it classy

Nico's P.O.V

Me? I was Will's favourite demigod? Me? Out of all the people at camp, he chose me. Why? I don't have the looks of the Aphrodite campers. I'm definitely not as smart as the Athena campers. Just being around water makes me nervous. I can't participate in any sports without making a fool out of myself. So, why then, out of all the talented demigods at this camp, would will choose me?

"Nico? I grabbed you some pasta in creme sauce since I know that you like that." Will put my plate down gently on my little side table, before taking a seat in the chair.

I sat up slowly before reaching for the plate. "Thanks."

"No problem." Will ate a bite of his salad. "Nico, I was wondering if you'd like to play a game later..."

I shrugged. "Sure, what game?"

"Uh, go fish?" Will suggested, playing with a piece of lettuce on his plate.

"That's not really my type of game, too many aquatic references. Why don't we play Life?"

"Life? I used to play that with my little sister when I was younger!" Will's eyes gleamed with memories of the past, and for a moment I felt like I was intruding on something personal. "I always chose the school path, since you seem to get better jobs that way."

"Yeah, but it's pretty expensive with all those school loans you have to get."

"Eh, it's worth it in the end." Will stabbed his fork through a few pieces of lettuce and slipped them in his mouth.

I twirled some of the thin pasta onto my fork before slurping it up. "You always see the bright side of a situation, don't you?"

"It's in my nature. I mean, my dad is the God of the sun." Will cracked a smile that could power a hundred solar panels.

The rest of the meal passed in comfortable conversation, pausing only for a second when I discovered the hidden stash of lettuce under a pile of noodles. Apparently my reaction was priceless because Will ended up laughing so hard he spilled the last pieces of his salad on the floor. I glanced over, watching to see what Will's reaction would be, but he just kept right on laughing, barely even acknowledging the mess. A smile worked its way onto my face as I joined in laughing with him. It just felt so comfortable and safe. I knew that he wouldn't judge me and for that I was grateful.

"Hey, Knight?" Will asked after our laughed had died down.

"Yes?" I replied as I wiped the liquid joy out of my eyes.

"Want to play Life now?"

I nodded. "Sounds good. I call the yellow van!"

"Fine, I guess I'll have the green one." Will grumbled as he went off in search of the game. During his absence, a small daughter of Apollo came in and cleaned up Will's salad off the floor. She then gathered our plates and headed towards the door.

"Thanks..." I paused, unsure of her name.

"It's Grace. And it was no trouble." She replied as she turned to leave.

The door had only been closed three minutes before it was being opened again, yet again by a child of Apollo. "Found the game."

"Great, let's play." I smiled as I wheeled the side table so it would be between my bed and the chair that would hold Will.

"Just let me-Hey! Where'd the mess go?"

I snickered to myself at his reaction. "Grace cleaned it up while you were looking for Life."

"If anyone had been hearing that out of context, it would sound pretty deep." Will smiled as if my answer had just sunk in. "Grace is such a great sister."

"So," I awkwardly searched for a way to keep the conversation going. "Life?"

Will just chuckled at my awkward attempt and began to set up the very complicated game board. "I don't remember there being this many pieces."

"Maybe you need to get a better memory. Whenever I played this with Bianca, we would put on a record and listen to music to help pass the time as we set it up."

"Shall I fetch my music device, Monsieur?" Will held his arm folded across his stomach to impersonate a butler.

"Shut up! Just go get your iPod! And stop making jokes about my age!" I called as he sprinted from the infirmary. I shook my head a bit at the boy that brought me so much joy. I needed something to tease him about, but what? I couldn't tease him about his looks because, frankly, there was nothing worth teasing. His personality was great, so I couldn't tease him about that...

"The musical device has been fetched. What type of music would you care to listen to?" Will's voice floated into the room followed closely by the son of Apollo himself. He had a beat up iPod classic in one hand, and a small portable speaker in the other. Naturally, the speaker was bright yellow with the image on the sun on it. Will noticed my questioning look. "What? It was a gift."

I laughed. "From your dad?"

"Maybe..." Will pouted before plugging the cord from the speaker into his ipod. "Back to the question at hand, what would you like to listen to?"

"Hmm... Do you have any classical?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Exactly what I would expect to be asked from someone with dentures..." Will muttered as he scrolled through his playlists. After five minutes he shook his head. "Doesn't look like it. What else would you like?"

"Beatles?" I asked with a hopeful gleam in my eye.

Will scrolled down to the 'B' section and after a few seconds soft music began playing from the speakers. "Blackbird is one of my all time favourite songs. What's your favourite Beatles song?"

I felt a blush rise to my cheeks. "Here comes the sun."

Will's smile could cure any disease. "Well, aren't we just the perfect pair?"

----------------------------------------------

:) not sure why, but that chapter was one of the hardest to write...

The Beatles are one of my all time favourite bands, but I still can't pick a favourite song...

NEWS ALERT! I have recently posted a pernico/percico book where Nico is a cute little nerd and helps tutor a goofy percy who doesn't quite grasp math. It's in the form of text messages and it would mean the world to me if you checked it out! Leave a comment if you do! :)

Also, I just posted a lashton fanfic that's super cute and so different! It's one of my favourite book ideas yet so please take a few seconds to go give that a look! :) it's called Tunnels by the way. :)

Thoughts on Nico's hatred of salad?
Thoughts on Grace? (I'm testing something so please be honest.)
Thoughts on Will's final comment? ;)

Anyways, thanks for over 22k reads! It blows my mind that people are still interested in reading the things I post! :) I appreciate all the votes and reads, but if you really want to put a smile on my face, leave a comment. Interacting with you guys always helps me things of new plot twists so if you have any suggestions I'm all ears. That doesn't mean I'm going to necessarily put your ideas into the story, but inspiration can come from anything! Honestly, the idea for this chapter came to me while I was watching my sister getting her hair cut. Strange right?

Question: favourite Beatles song? (Or two? Or three? Haha)

Bonus question: has anyone seen Battle of the Five armies (The final Hobbit movie)? What were your thoughts on it?

My answer: even though I knew it was coming, I still cried at the deaths in the movie. (I read the book a few summers ago and cried then too.)

Until next time! - Tianne :)