In which Nico spills his secret

Nico's P.O.V

When we finally stepped into the infirmary, I raised my head, letting my vision be temporarily stolen as my eyes adjusted to the difference in light. Luckily, neither Will or I knocked anything over this time, I know how Will can be about things going on their places. I mentally chuckled as he fixed the angle of a few of the chairs on the way to my bed. Apparently if the chairs weren't at a 45 degree angle, they weren't in the right spot. I thought they were fine, but Will just couldn't leave them how they were.

By the time we reached my bed, he had refolded the sheets from two different beds, and fixed a few more chairs. The things this boy does... I rolled my eyes as Will fixed the corner of my sheet, before allowing me to hop onto my bed. He then sat down in the chair, making sure not to let it move an inch as he did so. One of these days I had to talk to him about this...

"I should probably ask the usual questions to see how you're feeling." Will stayed with another one of his blinding smiles.

"Alright, let's get this over with." I replied, feeling almost ready for a nap.

"First question: are you experiencing any dizziness?"

I shook my head. "Nope."

"Okay, any tingling sensations?" He asked.

"Nope, again." This was easy.

"Last question: on a scale of one to ten, how is your exhaustion?"

I thought about it for a few seconds before replying. "Maybe an eight?" I rubbed my forehead, feeling a headache coming on.

"Eight? It's not even lunch yet! If you were so tired, you should have told me!" Will scolded.

"Yeah, Yeah. Can I have a nap now?" I asked, growing grouchy.

"Of course. I should let you know that you'll be woken up in about an hour for lunch." Will informed me.

"Why can't I just sleep? I feel like I could sleep for days..." I muttered the last part.

"No offence, But you look a little underweight, and I think you could do with the food." Ouch...

"I promise I'll eat lots of dinner if you just let me sleep through lunch." I begged, trying very hard to keep my eyes from closing. Will scratched his chin as he thought it over. It was kind of cute how he scrunched his eyebrows up as he thought. I slowly moved into a lying position, trying not to catch Will's attention. As soon as my head hit the pillow I let out a sigh of relief. Just as I was about to close my eyes, I heard Will's voice.

"Fine, but you're sitting with me at dinner." I felt my body go limp as I shut my eyes, having no trouble letting sleep take over.

***

I opened my eyes when the scent hit my nose. Salty sea water. I sat up quickly and felt a wave of dizziness take me over before my eyes settled on the intruder. With his sea green eyes, and short black hair, it was pretty easy to tell who it was.

"Nico, how are you feeling?"

"Fine." I replied, stiffly. Despite having explained how I used to feel about him, I was still not comfortable with him. Now, instead of seeming like a god, he seemed like that annoying cousin who knew everybody and could change how people thought of you with a few simple words. Wait, that's exactly who he was...

"Jason told me I had to wait a while before visiting you. He said you were in a fragile state or something, but I didn't really believe him. With Will in charge, I'm sure you'll be feeling better soon." Percy smiled. I felt myself smile at the mention of the son of Apollo.

"Yeah, I'm sure I'll be back to normal in no time." I began to relax into the conversation. I guess it wasn't that hard. And percy wouldn't tell anyone about what I said to him. Maybe I could try to become closer friends with him.

"So, you said I wasn't your type... Does that mean you like girls only now?" Percy asked stupidly.

"No..." I trailed off.

"Okay good! Because Jason and I were taking earlier, and he said that you and Will would be absolutely adorable together. I have to agree. So, is he your type?"

"Jason's been talking about me?" I asked, distressed.

"I brought it up, don't worry. I'm sure he hasn't told anyone else. He's cool like that." Percy calmed me down.

"Good, but if he does..." I shook my head.

"Anyways, so back to the real question here. Is Will your type?" He asked with such a goofy grin I couldn't help but feel comfortable spilling my secret to him.

"Yeah, I think he is." I felt a blush form on my cheeks.
"Awe! That's so cute! Don't worry! I won't tell anybody!" Percy looked extra happy, almost as if he would explode if he got any happier. He immediately sprinted out of my curtained makeshift room. Now that he was gone I got a chance to check to time. I looked over at the small digital clock on my side table. It read 5:36. Dinner would be served soon. That means Will should be back soon. Part of me felt happy at the thought while the other part of me felt disappointed. I dragged a hand down my face, wanting to just close my eyes and sleep for a couple weeks. Or maybe a month... My thoughts were interrupted when the door opened, letting a steady stream of sun shine into the room. I glanced over and caught the eyes of Will, happiness coming off of him by the bucketful. He floated over to my bedside and for a moment I wondered what could have possibly put him in such a good mood.

"Seems like you're already up. Ready for dinner?" He grinned.

"I guess I don't really have a choice..." I muttered as I slid off my bed and slipped on my shoes. I didn't have the energy to tie them, so I simply shoved the laces down the sides of the shoe, hoping they wouldn't slide out. When Will wasn't looking, I ran a hand through my hair trying to tame the wild case of bed head I was sure to have accumulated while I slept. Just as my hand returned to my side, Will turned back to face me. He held out his hand which I gladly slid my hand in before starting towards the pavilion. Only a few more hours until I could sleep again. I could live with that. Especially if I got to be with Will...

----------------------------------------------

:D sleepy Nico is so cute!

Thanks for all the support I've been getting, it really brightens my mood! :D

Thoughts on Percy and Nico's encounter?
Thoughts on Jason and his shipping ways?

Question: if you were Nico, would you tell percy your secret?

Bonus question: how many different ways can you say love without repeated the word?
Example: love, adore, cherish, etc...

Until next time! -T :)