Let Me Save Your Heart - Part 10.

I was woken up by the sound of my phone vibrating against the wood of the bedside table. I took a quick look at the time seeing that it had just turned half eleven.

Crap.

Zayn was going to be here any minute and I wasn't even ready to go out.

This could be interesting trying to get myself sorted in ten minutes.

I then looked at the caller ID to see Jake's name flashing on and off the screen. I considered not answering it, but then I realised if I did that, nothing was going to get sorted out between us. It was better to get it out of the way; rather than leaving it until the last minute and constantly arguing with each other.

I pressed the answer button and slowly held the phone to my ear, waiting for Jake to say something.

"No, she isn't answering the bloody phone." I heard Jake say in a frustrated tone, clearly not realising I was on the other end of the line.

"Then just leave it and forget about her. You don't need someone like her in your life." I heard an unfamiliar female voice reply.

"Babe, she was my bestfriend and she is carrying my baby. I might hate her right now, but there is still a lot of history between us. That's not something I'm going to throw away just like that." Jake snapped. So, despite everything he had been saying, he wasn't ready to just drop everything and leave us on bad terms.

I suppose that was one thing and there was still a chance that he might forgive me. I was just going to have to give him a bloody good explanation as to why I didn't tell him the truth.

And I didn't have one of them.

I just had a lot of excuses and none of them was going to make Jake like me any more. In fact, they would probably make him hate me even more than he does now.

"If she wanted you to have anything to do with the baby, then she would have told you the truth to start with. She would never have planned to just give it up for adoption in the selfish way that she did!"

"Will you stop talking about her that way. You don't even know her!" Jake shouted.

"You still have feelings for her? Don't you?" she replied angrily. I could tell by the way that she wa talking that she was upset and wasn't liking where the conversation was heading; it was obvious that she was trying to hold her tears back.

That just made me feel so much worse than I already did.

Knowing that I was ruining something Jake had started to develop in the time that I had been gone. That just wasn't fair and there was no need for that.

I decided that I was going to hang up and I was just going to leave Jake to get on with his life. I would rather have him hating me and being happy with his life, than knowing he's miserable and I was the one that had made him that way.

"Abby, you don't even know hald the things that we went through together and you don't know how difficult it was for us to even be friends; especially with her brother-"

"Nikki. Zayn is here!" Nathan shouted up the stairs, causing me to drop my phone in shock; it banging off the floor with some force. Luckily, the case protected it from any real damage, but now Jake knew that I was there.

It was just a question of how much he thought I had heard him saying, or if he thought that I had just answered it while he was busy arguing with Amber, or whatever her bloody name was.

"Tell him I'll be there soon, I just need to get ready..." I laughed back in response as I picked the phone up from the floor, putting it to my ear and waiting for Jake to say something.