Let Me Save Your Heart - Part 21

Four Months Later:

Max's POV -

I was in the bedroom, packing a bag because I was supposed to be going away with Nikki for a couple of days, just so we could try and sort things out between us and get our relationship back to the way that it was before everything went wrong. 

It was her suggestion, especially with the baby's due date growing closer each day. She wanted me to be a part of its life and she wanted me to let her be happy.

I guess I did need to let her have her space and I did need to stop trying to control her life. She needed to make her own choices and mistakes, otherwise she was never going to learn and was always going to hate me for making her life hell.

It's a shame it took me this long to realise that and accept that I was in the wrong and my sister was growing up, just faster than I wanted her to and I needed to stop being the over-bearing and overprotective older brother that I had always been.

I had almost finished doing that when I heard my phone ringing in my pocket, I took it out and saw that the caller ID read Nathan and I didn't think anything of it when I answered and listened to what he had to say to me.

"Hey Nath." I said with a smile on my face as I continued throwing things into the bag.

-

"You must be joking. That's not supposed to be happening for another month yet." I laughed, not believing what he was now telling me.

-

"I'm sorry, but are you sure?" I asked.

-

"Are you really sure?" I repeated in shock.

-

"I'll be right there." I replied with a tone of panic.

-

"Tell her I'm on my way. I'll be there as soon as I can." I said before hanging up the phone and grabbing my keys from the hook and making sure I had picked up everything that I needed.

I jumped into my car, and decided that I was going to drive as fast as I possibly could without being caught. I needed to get to the hospital and I needed to get there now, no matter what happened.

And no matter how I got there, I just had to be there and I had to be there as soon as I could.

If I wasn't then I was only going to end up in more trouble.

*

"Hello, how may I help you?" the receptionist smiled at me - it was a Monday, so I didn't understand how anyone could be this happy and not care about anything else. It just wasn't normal.

"Erm, I'm looking for Nikki George..." I replied.

"And you are?"

"Max George. Her older brother, now, where can I find her?" I asked impatiently, tapping my fingers off the desk as I spoke to the receptionist.

If looks could kill, then I wouldn't be standing here now and I wouldn't be looking for Nikki either.

I'm sure death is an acceptable excuse for missing this event, unless you're my sister and you're still working out the trust issues you have with your brother.

"I'm sorry sir. You'll have to wait in the waiting room, I can't tell you where she's gone..." the receptionist stated smugly.

"If I miss the-"

"Max, I wondered where you were. Nikki is going to murder you if you don't hurry up." Nathan said as he appeared beside me and practically dragged me in the direction he had just come from. I couldn't help but give the receptionist a sarcastic wave as we walked through the double doors and into a coridoor that was covered with nothing other than white and doors, all leading to different rooms.