Let Me Save Your Heart - Part 12.

Hey there people,

So, I hope you're enjoying the story so far and it isn't too boring for you all. There is more to come and I hope you shall continue to read this and enjoy it.

The next update, after this one, shall probably be next weekend now because I have so much revision to get through and it's literally so stressful. So, in advance, I apologise for the long gaps between updates.

I hope you can bare with me and you won't hate me too much.

Thanks for all the comments and votes so far, I'm glad that you're all liking the story at the moment. I really do appreciate it.

Love you all,

Em:)xxx

+++

The walk back to mine and Nathan's house was pretty much silent, there was only the odd exchange of smiles between me and Zayn.

Other than that, nothing happened between us and it was almost like we had fallen out with each other.

That wasn't the case though, I was just thinking about something that Max had said to me. I wondered if Max was right about Zayn.

If he really was only going to bring me more trouble, or if Max was only saying that because he really didn't like anything about Zayn.

I know that people have their disagreements, but there is something much deeper between them. If they didn't like each other that much, then they wouldn't even go near each other.

They would just stay away from one and other, pretend like they didn't exist and were just another part of the furniture.

But it's like Max and Zayn would deliberately cause trouble for the other.

There had to be something far bigger between them, and it wasn't just some pathetic rivalry of the bands.

There was something that was making them hate each other so much that they genuinely couldn't stand each other.

"Zayn?" I said, breaking the uncomfortable silence that had fallen over us.

"Yes Nikki?" he replied.

"What happened between you and my brother to make you hate each other so much?" I asked, deciding that I was brave enough to actually ask that question and find out for myself what was happening between the pair of them.

"Nothing happened. We just don't like each other." he shrugged.

"I'm not an idiot. Even I can see that there is something much more between you and Max, it isn't just a hate for each other or a rivalry of who is the best, something must have happened."

 "And what makes you so certain of that then?" Zayn asked, stopping in his tracks and looking straight at me. Like he was trying to work out if  I was telling the truth or if I was just something to make conversation with him.

"Because I know my brother better than anyone and I also know that, if it was just a mutual hate for each other, then he would ignore you and not even bother. But there is something about you thay really rattles his cage, so, what is it?" I asked.

"Look, it is nothing. Just accept that there is a mutual hate between us and we don't like each other." Zayn sighed walking away from me at the same time, making it even more obvious that there was something other than hate between the pair of them.

Now there was no chance of me leaving it and forgetting that I had thought of the idea.

"Tell me the truth. What happened between you and Max?" I replied.