Chapter 23 ~ Worldwide

So part of this chapter is based off an episode of Big Time Rush featuring a BTR song so...

Enjoy!

-------------------------------------

Ryley, Ryder, Jake and Marley open the door to their New York apartment.

"Home, sweet home." Ryley says, dragging her suitcase in the door. She and Ryder carry their bags to their room while Jake and Marley take their bags to their room.

Ryley then exits the room and walks up to the apartment phone and sees their is one new voicemail. She selects it to listen to it.

"Hi, it's Lauren Taylor. I'm in charge of a UK revival of West Side Story and we are looking for some of the best young Broadway and West End talent to feature it. We would love for you, Ms Bridges, to star in it as Maria after the amazing reviews you got on the recent New York revival. Please call back." The voicemail says.

Marley enters the room, since she heard the voicemail. Her eyes are wide in shock and happiness, "You got an offer to play on Maria in the UK revival of West Side Story!? Oh my god, Ryley! You have to accept this! It's an amazing offer."

"But this means I'll have to head to the UK for a while." Ryley says.

"Make sure to send us tickets." Marley says with a smile.

"Not to sound mean but are you not thinking of how I feel at the moment, Marls?" Ryley asks, a little pissed.

"Sorry," Marley says with an apologetic look on her face, "How are you feeling about it?"

"Happiness. Shock. Also sadness." Ryley says.

"Why sadness?"

"Well, I'll miss you guys a lot. Especially Ryder."

This was Ryder's cue to enter. And he did.

"Especially me about what?" Ryder asks.

Ryley faces her boyfriend, "Ryd, I got an offer to play Maria again."

"That's awesome. Where's the audition?" Ryder says with a large grin.

Ryley sighs, "London."

Ryder's smile vanishes to sadness, "London? Like in England?"

"Yes." Ryley says.

"Are you going to accept it?"

"I don't know. What do you think?"

"How long is it going to be?"

"Well, if I get the part, it's touring England, Wales and Scotland. Maybe even Ireland. It will probably be a month or more."

Ryder wipes his face with his hands. He sighs and sits down on the living room couch. Ryley sits next to him and puts her hand gently on his shoulder.

Ryder sighs again and looks at her, "Do you really want to do this?"

"I want to but I can't bear to leave you behind in New York. I'll be basically on the other side of the world, missing you so much." Ryley says.

"Well, this is one of those once in a life time roles you get. I think you should call back the producer or director or whoever called and say you'll be heading to London as soon as you can." Ryder says, looking at her with a sad smile.

Ryley cups his cheeks and kisses him, not wanting to leave his lips. But then they just hug.

------------------------------------------