While You Lay Sleeping -Sting-

How long has it been since I first laid my eyes on the girl? One month? Two? Either way, I must get the girl that Rogue has charmed into his bed. Those were the thoughts that tormented Sting as he slept beside his feline comrade. He didn't understand how Rogue had gotten a girlfriend before he did. And he didn't understand how the (h/c) haired bombshell could even like someone like Rogue. Rogue and Sting were polar opposites, especially in the way that they handled their women. Rogue was no good with words, Sting was.

"Sting? What's wrong?" Lector sounded worried for the man, a miniature cheerleader at the best of times. However, not even Lector could pull Sting's thoughts from the (e/c) girl.

"Just...thinking..." Sting mumbled as he arose to his feet and pulled on his clothes. It was that time again and even Lector knew it. Every night at midnight, Sting would go out. Yet, somehow Lector just knew that tonight would be different, but how different he didn't know. "I'll be back..."

When he got to the spot where he wanted to be most, the lights were all out except for the light in the bedroom. He knew that it was wrong to spy on his best friend and the sweet (Y/n), but he couldn't help it. He wanted to see if Rogue would try something. Sting climbed up a nearby tree to get a good view, to be able to reach the window to touch her. Just once. He noted how tightly Rogue always seemed to hold the girl while he slept, perhaps worried that something like this would happen. After the last light went out, Sting oh so carefully opened the window to slip in. He was amazed how quiet the one, normally obnoxious dragon slayer, could be. But tonight, the shadows were his ally; as he crept up to the bed where his lovely girl slept peacefully, probably in a dream of Rogue.

She's so beautiful, Sting thought as he lightly pulled her from the Shadow Dragon's grasp. She shivered and softly mumbled the words that he would never hear.

"I...love you Rogue..." (Y/n)'s luxurious (h/c) bangs fell into her face, making Sting chuckle softly to push them out of the way.

"I love you too," he responded in a voice that sounded like it was in longing.

He spend a few minutes with her in his arms, wishing for the moment to last, but the clock struck one he knew it had to end. Sting laid her back with Rogue and then exited the pairs house. He was satisfied, for now. He couldn't wait to have (Y/n) in his arms once and for all. But...that day would have to wait.