Chapter 14: Together

\\Reanne//

The ride back to The Ninja's base on Lloyd's Golden Dragon lasted about 50minutes, as soon as we arrived the boys ran inside, I trailed behind, not knowing where I was going. Despite knowing the time was roughly 2am they barged straight into a room.

"Sensei!" The boys all shouted, Sensei Wu woke up almost instantly to look at his students anxious faces.

"Ah, your back at last, have you found the fifth?" He asked rubbing his wrinkled eyes.

Wow, he woke up quickly.

Jay grabbed my wrist and pulled me into the centre of Wu's bedroom "Sensei, this Reanne, the Purple Ninja of Darkness" Cole introduced "And..my cousin"

"Ah, Reanne Mervyna"

I smiled with a bow "Hey Sensei, it's good to see you again"

"Likewise, now, let's go find the others and listen to the information you have to tell" He spoke as if he could read my mind.

Before I had time to respond against it, they were already out the door. Jay went straight to the kitchen whilst Wu, Cole and Kai woke up the others and Zane familiarised Lloyd and me to the base, and after Zane introduced us headquarters as both of us had never been there.

Huh, I guess Lloyd being a The Ultimate Spinjitzu Master meant he was still recognised in Nnjago with all the fame. When everyone was awake and in the HQ the Ninja began introduced me to some of the un-familiar faces.

"Rea, this is Nya, my sister" Kai signalled her out. What did he think I am? Stupid? I have met her before, she's the one who couldn't remember me.

"Hi" She said, I almost thought it sounded aggressive "It's been a while"

"Hey" I looked at her suspiciously, never taking my eyes off her "Almost too long"

The other two people in the room stepped forward, these were the people I had met before. They were two older people, one a woman and one a man.

The woman had a wrinkled face and shining blue eyes behind her rounded glasses, her grey hair was in a messy, low bun.

The man also had sparkling eyes, but with no glasses. His face didn't look too wrinkled, he had grey hair that flopped across his face, I was surprised in how much they looked like Lloyd.

"This is Misako, my mum" Lloyd waved his hand to her as she approached me. Ah, that's why she looked so much like Lloyd, it was his mum.

"Hello Reanne, glad to meet you" She smiled warmly.

"And you too" I half-smiled back.

"Finally this is my brother, Garmadon and Lloyd's father" Wu introduced the man.

Garmadon? But he was evil? The last time I remembering seeing him was fighting Lloyd, I can't recall where exactly, but he was. I raised one of my eyebrows as he held his hand out to me.

I hesitated before shaking it "I thought you were evil.." I spoke slowly and solemnly.

He laughed "Times change my dear, it's a long story for another day perhaps"

"Well, just so you know, if you try anything I'll kick your ass"

Out the corner of my eyes I saw everyone's jaw drop to near enough the floor in shock, along with Garmadons. I heard Jay splutter a laugh and saw Cole elbow him in the stomach.

Cole, my cousin. It felt..strange to say that, but I was so happy that he knew we were blood. Garmadon then chuckled after about 30seconds of silence.

"I deserved that" He grinned letting go of my hand, I smirked. I could tell he knew it was a joke and that we would get on just fine.

After we had all been introduced, the Ninja and I explained everything. Their journey across the desert, what happened in the cave; being trapped, escaping, fighting Shadirians, the flight back on the Dragon. I told them about the Shadirians could take our Elemental Powers, their leader Shyldari his plan for Ninjago, the creation of Shyldari and why I erased all their memories of me.

"There's a new Ninja..and a new enemy.." Garmadon summed up.

"With the power to steal the Ninja's Elemental Powers" Misako added.

"Umm, if you don't mind me saying, I'm not actually 'new'-" I began to make a point.

"Yeah, we get it" Kai interrupted me.

"Sensei, what can we do?" Zane asked, Wu looked around at each of us, thinking, he was silent for a couple of minutes before answering.

"I believe the fate of the Shadirians lies in the Purple Ninja's hands" Wu directed his gaze to me, I looked down ran my hand through my hair then rested my index finger and middle finger on my eyebrow.

"Why me?"

"Yeah..why her?" Nya piped in, quite gruffly, I scrunched my eyebrows whilst looking at her. Did she have a problem with me or something?

"Uh-hello?! Ninja of Darkness?! Makes it easier to fight him!" Jay stated the obvious.

"Yeah, but that doesn't make a difference, I haven't unlocked my True Potential" I sighed.

"The Ninja will train with you, with their skills it'll help you prepare for the future battle" Garmadon offered the support.

"I'll do it, obviously, you know I will" I looked back up "But we don't even know where he is" I mumbled.

"The scrolls will have a destination or sign, I'll check them" Misako put the idea out there, Wu and Garmadon nodded so she left to go get her scrolls, or whatever they were.

"You can do this, Rea!" Kai spoke with faith, I smiled at him.

"We'll all be with you" My cousin, Cole, walked over and hit me playfully on the arm, I shoved him back.

Lloyd was standing beside me through all this, but now he walked around the HQ, which was filled with electronic maps, tracking beckons, radars, coco machines, etc. He folded his arms and stood facing out a open window looking out across Ninjago.

It was still night, so there wasn't much to see. The bright lights of the new Ninjago City being built shone bright across the curtain of dark blue which had been decorated with stars. His beach blonde hair was being pulled by the light breeze, his emerald eyes seemed to be focused on something.

There was something up, I could tell, so I strolled over. It might be anything; his thoughts could be dwelling back on who we were in the past. We were us. But now, it seemed like a million miles away.

Of course, he still meant everything to me, he was my world and I couldn't bare to let him go. But I had to, I've done it before and if I ever had to do it again I know how much it'll kill him, so that's why we can't be us. I don't want to hurt him again, the pain of letting him go was unbearable, it still is.

So, I'm not gong to think about a love story because that's not us, granted I do love him but who we are, Ninja, means the sacrifices we'd have to take would be to hard, and I can't go through that again.

I stood next to him, I knew what the others would be thinking, they also knew about who me and Lloyd once were. I looked across at him, his eyes were squinted on something, so I followed his eyes trail to a forest on the edge of Ninjago.

I also squinted to see what looked like a black printed logo across the trees bark that made out to be a hawk inside a fire. I remember seeing something think that on the side of the cave when I looked back as we ran into the desert..it was the same logo! Shyldari!

"I don't know if I can do this" I whispered, still gazing out the window.

"You can do this, I know you can" He whispered back.

"Lloyd..I'm going to need you on this.." I spoke quietly so only he could hear me.

"I know. And I'll be there"