Family (AU August X Reader)

Another long day in town.  Today was the busiest you had ever seen since you moved to your new home with your husband, and that was nearly four years ago.  Your feet were tired as you walked up the garden path and past the front yard, you were lugging some grocery bags with you so it didn't help.  Your head was on the verge of a migraine, body was nothing but aches and pains, and you were exhausted, just because you went into town; it was that chaotic today.

"I. . . need. . . coffee." You groaned as you dragged yourself up the porch stairs.  There was a small window just to the right of the railing which was blocked from the inside of white curtains, but from the corner of your eye you noticed that they had moved slightly.  Probably the cat, you thought.  (yes you have a cat.) You figured it was nothing so you continued to the front door, puffs of air came out of your mouth as you proceeded. . . today was hot.

You had to drop one of the grocery bags on the wooden floor to open the door, then picked the bag back up and walked through as you shut the door behind you with your foot.  Sweat just poured down your face, hopefully your husband had the AC going today.

"I'm home!. . . Thank God."

You placed the grocery bags onto the kitchen counter and placed your keys in a small tray you had near the coffee pot.  You noticed that a fresh and just made pot of coffee was made and ready for you to enjoy.  You smiled with delight and walked over to the cabinet above the sink to take out a mug, then you proceeded back over and poured yourself some coffee.  As it hit your lips you didn't really care if it was hot, it tasted damn good and it made you feel better after the long day you had.  But something felt off, it was too quiet in the  house especially with the family you had.  Where was everyone?

"Hello?" You called. 

Suddenly you heard shuffling come from the hallway.  Your eyes captured the appearance of blonde hair and a pair of earrings.  Blue eyes met your own as you saw a tall figure come closer to you, and a smile bright enough to make you grin as well.  It was August.

"You look exhausted."  He said as he kissed your lips, lightly grazing over them.  You chuckled and took another sip of your coffee as you watched your husband grab the fridge handle and open it.

"Town was busy crazy with people today.  It was ridiculous just trying to get out of the parking lot."

August had taken out leftovers from the other night as a snack, it was obvious he was tired as well.

"Where's Gracie?"  You asked him as you sneaked your arms around his waist.  He smiled at your gestures as he prepared his food.

"Upstairs sleeping."  August turned to reach into a cabinet and grab a plate.  He then placed his food on it and put it in the microwave.

The two of your had been married for almost seven years, and at the third year mark the two of you decided to have a child of your own to raise.  The nine months were painful, nausea, cramps, cravings, it was awful but it was worth it.  You gave birth to a beautiful little girl, (e/c) eyes like yours and blonde hair like her fathers.  Both of you were in tears as you held her for the first time, August kept his hand on you the whole time as both of you watched how your daughter slept peacefully in your arms.  It was then when you saw August truly cry, not from sadness or fear, but from true happiness.  

The first time he held Grace you couldn't help but cry even more, you watched as he would kiss her small forehead and whisper to her, this was the most happiest day of your life, both of your lives.  

As August began eating his food, you give him a quick kiss on the cheek before heading upstairs to change into more comfortable clothes.  Shorts and one of August's t-shirts, you loved how his scent lingered on them.  Once you were finished, you pulled up your hair and proceeded back downstairs to see August on the couch petting your gray, fluffy cat.  You smiled and giggled when you walked towards them, your husband's eyes meeting your (e/c) ones.

"Well isn't this cute. . ."  You say as you bend over to gently kiss your kitty's head.  You smiled as you heard her purr, then you heard August scoff.

"Don't I get one?"  He asked with his puppy dog eyes.  You grinned and placed your hands on your hips.  Who could resist that face?

"Say please."

"Please?"  The eyes got even bigger, and the lips puckered even more.  You rolled your eyes and bent over to be level with him as you placed both of your hand one the sides of his face, his beard grazed lightly over your skin.  The sweet taste of you lips made him smile within the kiss, it sent shivers up his back.

Suddenly you felt his hand grip your wrist and pull you in closer to him, the cat had moved now from his lap, after you realized you were the one sitting in his lap.  You laid your hands on his shoulders while one of his ran through your (h/c) hair, August savored every kiss you gave him, as you did his.  He began to kiss you more deeply with passionate kisses, then he lowered down into your neck.

Next you knew he had you pinned on the couch with his fingers intertwined with yours, he felt the small cold of your ring on his skin and his grip tightened.  He began to reach for the bottom of your t-shirt, more like his, and ran his hand under it and onto your stomach.  August then began to slowly raise it up your body until--

"Daddy!!"

You jumped a bit from your daughters sudden outburst.  

"Well, she's awake now."  August said as he smiled down at you.  You tapped his nose and pulled him in for one more quick kiss before he sat up and got off the couch, heading for the stairs.

"Such a good dad you are, August."  You say behind him.  He waved without looking back at you and began to go up the stairs.

"You know it!" 

You sat there on the couch and watched him until he was out of site.  

You were home with your family now.  What else could anyone want?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

August sweetheart, you need more fanart. . . like srsly.  You're one of my favorite TFTBl characters.

Hope you enjoyed this one :D  If you guys have any requests just send me a message and I'll get on it ASAP.

-Rei:)