Race Against Time

My very first Angel X Reader requested by Ryanne177!

I'm somewhat healed so I can type some :)

Ok I have this head canon that if it was in an AU, like this shot is, that Angel would love to ride horses.  So, that's what I did here :)  Hope you like it!

Unedited

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"C'mon (y/n)!  I'm gonna win!"

"It's because you cheated, you went ahead without me getting to 3!"

You and Angel were in a dead sprint towards Mistpeak Hill, or as the two of you liked to call it 'the best spot to watch a sunset.'  But the thing was, the two of you weren't running, you were on horses, and it felt wonderful to feel the breeze rushing past you as you went along the dirt road.  Today you decided that you and Angel would have a day out today on your horses; lunch at the top of Mistpeak Hill, enjoy the view and go riding again before dinner.  Both of you had always loved riding so that's how you were going to spend most of your day, taking breaks occasionally to keep your horses cooled down.

Finally the two of you reached the top of the hill, both of your horses breathing hard as well as you two.  You heard Angel laugh as you stopped beside her, fixing your reins in your hands and letting your horse's head hang loose.

"Cheater."  You say tiredly, chuckling softly over at your friend.  She smiled victoriously as she patted her animal's neck.  The horse snorted in response.

"It's about noon.  Want to eat now?"  You ask as you dismount your horse.  Angel did the same and looked over at you from the other side, smiling.

"Starving."

Finding a nearby fallen tree, you and Angel tied up your horses and began to untack them, taking the bag that was tied onto your saddle horn and finding a place to sit in the grass.  The wind was beginning to blow now, and it was getting hotter, so it felt nice to sit and relax and to watch the horses graze.  You began to dig out the sandwiches and drinks.

"Here you are," you say as you hand Angel her lunch.  She smiles kindly and begins to eat, watching as the horses ate and moved around; it was so refreshing to her to get out of the city, to breathe in air and not be crowded all the time.  Her father knew how much Angel loved horses, and you were good friends with his daughter, so he had faith in you to keep her safe. 

After finishing your meal, you laid back in the grass and stared up at the sky; blue and white filled your eyes, and a peaceful sensation came over you as you took in the air. 

"I could stay out here forever."  You say as you let out a sharp breath of air.  The horses kept grazing away behind you while Angel plucked away at the grass at her feet.  A silence took over the area, a comfortable one; crickets in the grass, the breeze, a full stomach and clean air and a friend to spend time with.  Everything was good.  You and Angel had been out there for an hour just talking about everything you could have thought of, it felt nice to get away from everything.