Risky Reunions (Part 1)

Rhys X Reader X Jack requested by putts45

Not a whole lot of taking, just back ground information and summing up to the part where Jack takes over again.

Hope it's enjoyable for you!  I followed along your idea as best I could.  This will come in two parts since I've kept you waiting long enough  T_T  I'm so bad at keeping focus.

Unedited
~~~~~~~~~~

The loss of your boss was devastating, heartbreaking.  You among all the other employees at Hyperion, you were the one who adored him the most.  No you weren't some fanatic like most of the people at this place, because he too, adored you more than anybody.  Jack and you were close, more than just friends, lovers, and it tore you apart once you heard of his death by the Vault Hunters who had been rebelling against him.  With Hugo now in charge, things were different for you, and not in a good way.

Depression kicked in once Jack was gone, you never wanted to go anywhere, never got any work done, and was threatened to be fired if your performance didn't improve.  You thought nothing of it, until a certain person came along in your life.  He was an unexpected friend, you had never really talked to him except during meetings and such, but after a few months of spending time with each other and going out you found yourself getting fond of the man.  Rhys was funny, smart, comforting and one of the kindest men you had ever met in your life, but that didn't mean you took Jack away from your life.  Deep down you still loved the man even though he was gone, it was still hard to accept it. 

You were considerably close to Rhys, but you were never expecting to be lost in the middle of Pandora.  A fake Vault key and con artists, you never imagined your life would take a turn like this.  You had changed dramatically ever since you left Hyperion; a pistol at your hip, smoke bombs on your belt and other small things to keep you alive.  It was kill or be killed out there, and you preferred to kill.  Everything was going fine until you and the crew made it Bosanova's arena.  You were dragged into that damn race somehow, and out of pure luck or good direction, you were able to find a part of the vault key.

But after that, that's when you noticed the slight differences in Rhys's behavior; multiple times you had caught him talking to himself out loud, as if there was another person beside him.  You would watch him everyday for the next few weeks, and his odd behavior would increase each time, it was beginning to worry you.

"Rhys, are you alright?"  You'd ask.  He'd just smile at you and kiss your cheek, telling you that he was just thinking out loud.  But you knew better, something was up and he was keeping it from you. You didn't know how badly it would change you and your friends' journey to find the Vault.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eventually, Rhys came out.  He kept going on about how Handsome Jack had been in his head the entire time and that he didn't want to say anything about it because he didn't want any of you to worry about it.  But in truth, you were screaming on the inside, you wanted to hit him, he knew how you once loved Jack.  Why was he doing this to you?  Why now of all times?

The other half of you didn't believe it.  You were at the memorial, you were there when they announced his death, and you cried and cried for days.  And now suddenly your partner was telling you your old ex was still alive?  A hologram?  A ghost?  If it was true then surely he must've been watching you for some time.

But as the days progressed, the day finally came when all of you made it to Hyperion, where the last part of the Vault Key was hidden.  Once in your disguise and your job given to you, everyone proceeded with the plan, with you as Rhys's, or more appropriately, Hugo's bodyguard.  

Now by your lover's side, the two of you made your way to the big office, Jack's office.  Memories of this place flooded your mind as you took each step, looking around and taking everything in.  You never thought you'd end up here again.

But once you got into Jack's office, you felt the hot tears steaming in the back of your eyes.  You could remember everything that Jack showed you here; his treasury room, his possessions, his secret doorways and the legendary guns he had kept behind a hidden wall.  But the first thing you did was walk and stand in front of that giant window looking down on Pandora, the multiple colors and shapes twinkling in your eyes.  This very spot, was where he kissed you, and you remembered every detail perfectly.

You were interrupted from your daze when you heard Rhys come up behind you, you felt his hand wrap around your waist as he looked down at the beautiful yet dangerous planet.  This almost felt unreal, everything looked peaceful.

"From up here you'd think nothing bad was ever happening down there."  Rhys said tightening his grip on you.  You had to agree, everything looked nice from up here.

"Sure does."  You reply, feeling him then planting a kiss on your forehead.  Little did you know that you also had another pair of scowling eyes looking at you.  Jack watched you and Rhys huddled up together, his arms folded across his chest.  Even though he was dead, you were still his, he still loved you.

After a moment of huddling with Rhys, he turned to sit in Jack's chair, and you could quickly tell that he felt different sitting in it.  The look of power engulfed his eyes, dilating his pupils, and soon a snarky grin formed on his face.

That's when something completely unexpected happened, and the entire staff body at Hyperion saw it.

There, way above the chair was a huge monitor screen, and once you saw who's face was on it you nearly fainted from shock.  It was Jack, and he looked more alive than ever.

He was blue.  Did Rhys really tell the truth about Handsome Jack?  He WAS still alive, just not in human form?  Jack really was a hologram, and he was indeed in Rhys's head the whole time.  

And he had never taken his eyes off you the second he came back in Bosanova's ring.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You guys have waited awhile for this, especially the one who requested it.  This is gonna come in two parts so stick around.