Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Nathan and I decided together as soon as we’d found out the news, that we wouldn’t tell anyone else about it until I started to show, we didn’t want the whole disappointing everyone if anything did happen to go wrong for a second time, and I’m sure if they were in the same situation they would understand where we were coming from.

Two months have passed in a flash, and I’m beginning to show already. Nathan and I decided a few days ago that today was going to be the day we told everyone, the boys, our parents, and even management. I had to admit that I was really excited, and I couldn’t wait to know what everyone’s reaction would be.

We felt obliged to call our parents first, since mine had gone up to Scotland to see my grandparents it would be even easier to tell them all at once. Nathan’s mum and dad were first, Jess would most likely be at college so I’m sure Nath would get a call from her later when she’d been told. “Let’s get this show on the road” Nathan grinned just as excited as me.

He pressed the familiar number to his parents and put it to his ear, his lips curled up slightly as he let it ring. “Hello!” he exclaimed when his dad answered, he had it on speaker so I could hear their reactions as well. “Nathan! How you doing?” his dad asked, “I’m great thanks, hey could you get mum and put it on speakerphone please?” Nathan asked nicely (see what I did there?), his dad agreed and I could hear him calling his wife’s name telling her Nathan was on the phone. It didn’t take her long to join to join Harry, soon enough they were both asking questions wanting to know what was up. “I’ll let Lauren tell you” Nathan smiled turning to me, I would have thought he would have wanted to tell his own parents but if he wanted it this way I wasn’t going to stop him.

“Hello! We have some really great news; I’m expecting a baby again!” I exclaimed, saying it aloud made it seem even more surreal. “Wow” was Nathan’s dad’s first reaction, his mum on the other hand squealed a congratulations. They asked a few more questions, how far was I along, when was the due date (February 10th), and whether we knew the gender (we still wanted it to be a surprize). They promised to tell Jess when she got home and share the good news, as well as saying that they would be up soon to visit us so they could congratulate us properly.

As soon as one phone call was finished we went onto the next, my parents. I’d decided to call my grandma’s house since I knew they were staying there, it would make it a lot easier telling them all at once. “Hello?” My grandma answered in her Scottish twang, I instantly smiled at the sound of her voice. “Hey grandma how are you?” I hadn’t seen her or my granddad in a while and I felt slightly guilty about it. “Lauren it’s so good to hear from you, me and gramps are same old same old, how are you?” Nath smiled at me as he was sat next to me, once again I’d put it on speaker so we both would be able to hear their reactions. “Nath and I are really good, would you be able to get granddad and mum and dad, and anyone else to come in the same room and put us on speakerphone please?” I asked hopefully, as long as they hadn’t gone out anywhere we should be okay. “Alright, let me just get them” I thought she would put the phone down and physically go and get them but instead she shouted (much louder than I would have thought) telling them to ‘get their arses down to living room’ which Nathan found absolutely hilarious and burst out laughing, hitting his leg with his hand as he rocked backwards in hysterics.

“One of you young’uns put it on speakerphone please, Lauren want to talk to us all” my mum took the job and I could hear her asking why I would want to talk to them all at once. “Lauren, are you okay?” she worried, I let out a single laugh as Nathan winked at me, this was going to be a lot of fun. “I’m fine mum, don’t worry. Nath and I have just got something to tell you all and we thought it would be easier to do it like this” I heard my uncle’s voice in the background which meant my auntie was there too, it just meant one less phone call which was good. I nodded at Nathan indicating he could tell them (since I’d told his family it seemed on fair he told mine), he mouthed ‘are you sure?’ and I nodded. “Hello everyone, Lauren and I wanted to share our good news with you; we’re expecting a baby again” you could hear the excitement in his voice, there was silence on the other end for a few seconds before congratulations were shouted from virtually every voice in the room. We answered some questions, telling them what we had told Nathan’s parents before we had to go and tell the boys.

Since Nath and the rest of the gang had a meeting with Jayne and Big Kev we decided to do it then, first because we knew the girls would be at this particular meeting as it was about a tour and they also liked to know what was going on with it, second because it wouldn’t raise suspicion, and thirdly it would just be a heck of a lot easier. I had a feeling that even though Megan would be mega happy for us she may be a bit annoyed at the fact she hadn’t know sooner since she was virtually a sister, but then again I knew she would understand so I wasn’t too worried.

“Are you ready for this?” I asked Nathan looking up to him as we walked out towards the car, it would only take around ten minutes to get there which was good. “Hell yeah!” he exclaimed sliding into the driver’s side as I hopped in to shotgun position. “Well then let’s get this show on the road” I smiled as Nathan started the engine and we began to slowly drive off

~

It was horrible sitting through the meeting, I just wanted to burst out the good news but we thought it would be more appropriate to wait until the meeting had finished and everyone was about to leave. Nathan kept sneaking glances at me from my left making it difficult not to burst out laughing, you could see just how excited he was.

“Well I think that’s it” Jayne said finishing talking about their upcoming tour. I nodded at Nathan and he took it as his queue to speak. “Before you all dash off and leave, Lauren and I have something to tell you all” twelve pairs of eyes turned to Nathan including mine. “We just want to let you all know, that...” he paused for a few seconds creating tension as I smiled goofily at him like a love-sick puppy. “We are in-fact expecting again” they were all stunned for a moment, Megan was the first one to jump out of her seat and engulf me in a hug telling me her congratulations. Everyone else seemed to follow suit, their smiles were almost as big as ours which I found to be truly amazing. Of course Nathan got a few joking remarks from the boys, but that was to be expected. We repeated everything we’d told everyone else and they all seemed to understand why we had taken so long to tell them, including Megan which I was grateful for.

“When are you going to tell the fans?” Jayne asked, we’d thought about that too. On the way over to the meeting I’d texted everyone I wanted to tell the news to, including cousins, other aunts and uncles, as well as Holly and my other friends from back in Scotland as I didn’t want them to feel like they were the last to know. Nathan had done the same so it was alright to tell the fans now.

“Now, we’ll tweet from our personal accounts and I’ll put it on the official Twitter page, Facebook page and the website, is that okay?” Nathan asked Jayne, she nodded and said we could use her computer to do so. I let Nathan go on it as he had to go on quite a few websites, I decided to just compose a tweet on my phone and send it out that way.

Hey guys, just wanted to share some amazing news that together Nathan and I are expecting our first child together. With everything that went on last time we’re so grateful that it has happened and we hope you’ll continue to support us through this exciting time’ I hit send as Nathan continued to type away on the computer, and went to join everyone else who continued to sit where they had for the meeting. “Hey, do you know if we’re going to have a princess or a rock star?” Jay asked, I shook my head telling him that we wanted it to be a surprize again. “Hey Lau” Nathan shouted from behind the computer, “Yes?” I questioned, “The bet, its back on” I grinned, Nathan still wanted to stick with a girl, while I continued to think that it would a boy, hopefully I wouldn’t be wrong for a second time.

A/N – Hope you liked it J Let me know what you think and I’ll see you next Friday. Comment, vote, fan! S x

P.S. there are five chapters left! :O