New Heights

Chapter 1

I can't believe how quickly things change. It seems like just last week I first met Nathan, but one year on I can’t believe the things that have happened. This for one.

In case you were wondering what’s going on, I’ll explain. It all started a week ago when I was at home, I’d just woken up and I could smell bacon being cooked by my mum or dad downstairs, only it didn’t smell nice at all. Instead I ran to the toilet and threw up, it wasn’t pleasant. The thing that got me thinking though was the fact that I usually would have died for a bit of bacon it was that nice, but the smell repulsed me.

As I sat by the toilet I calculated dates and instantly felt sick again. I told Megan and she went to the clinic with me, my suspicions were right; I was pregnant. With Nathan’s baby. It took a good few hours for it to sink in properly and when it did I felt like I was going to have a panic attack with everything circling around my head. What would Nathan say? Would he accept the fact that we were going to be parents? Would he want to keep it? Because there was no way I was getting an abortion. What would my parents think? You can see why I was panicking right?

Megan helped me accept it a lot though, she kept me calm and helped figure out what I would say to Nathan, if she didn’t I think it would have been a disaster. That evening I sat him down to tell him the news, I don’t really know how I expected him to react, but his reaction surprized me to say the least. Those words “I’m pregnant Nathan” sent him jumping up in the air and screaming “Yes!” at the top of his lungs while running around the flat. After a few minutes he calmed down and hugged me telling me all sorts of good things. I couldn’t have been happier with his reaction, I knew he would make a great dad and I would try and be the best mum I could be to our child too. My own child. Nathan’s child.

After I told him the news he asked me to move in with him to his flat here in London. It was big enough for both of us, plus a little one when they arrived. Of course I said yes, Nath wouldn’t have taken no for an answer anyway.

Megan was the only other person that knew(except he doctor of course) I’d asked her to keep it a secret so we could break it to our parents and the others. Hopefully they would all take it well when we told them tomorrow, I was pretty nervous though to say the least.

Speaking of the others, of course they were still all together. Max and Michelle were loved up as ever, Jay had asked Megan to move in with him just over a month ago and of course she said yes, Tom and Kelsey were well, Tom and Kelsey, and Siva and Nareesha were due to get married in the next week. All the other girls had been picked to be bridesmaids, while the boys were groomsmen as Siva’s twin brother Kumar was his best man.

I was currently lying in bed while Nathan was at some promotion thing with the boys. I was still at home with my parents at the minute. We planned on telling them I was moving in with Nathan when I said I was pregnant. I hoped so badly that they would accept the news, they both loved Nathan to pieces but I wasn’t going to get my hopes up just yet. I knew Nath was nervous about telling his family too, but I loved them and they were some of the nicest people around, I couldn’t imagine them being anything but happy. His mum and dad would make great grandparents and Jess would make an amazing niece.

‘How are you? Love you xxx’ I stared at the text message that had just come through on my phone from Nathan and smiled. Ever since Nath had found out about the baby he’d been so protective and caring, I didn’t mind though, in-fact I loved it. I loved his enthusiasm and it showed me just how much he cared,

‘I’m fine Sid, just chilling in bed! How’s the promo going? Xxx’ I texted back before turning my attention back to the TV, I was watching ‘This Morning’ while drinking a cup of tea, couldn’t get any better. They showed a clip of a band and all their fans standing outside waiting for them to come out, that’s when it hit me. The fans! How could I forget about the fans?!  What would they think when they found out?  No doubt a handful of them will send hate, they always do. It’s one thing being his girlfriend, but having his baby, that’s not going to go down too well at all.  Hopefully we could keep it a secret until I couldn’t hide it anymore, when I began to show that’s when we would have to tell them. I’d have to talk to Nath but I’m sure he’d agree with me, keeping it private for just a short time would take a lot of the stress off.

Secretly I’m hoping we’re having a little boy. I would love to have a baby Nath crawling around, with Nathan’s hypnotic eyes we would have the cutest baby around. But then again if it’s a girl I would love to spoil her when she was older, taking her shopping, plaiting her hair, spending some girl time with her, that would be pretty cool too. I’d always imagined a baby boy though; I guess we would find out in nine months’ time.

I carried on watching ‘This Morning’ until I heard the doorbell ring downstairs. I knew my parents were in so I let them answer it. It didn’t take long for my bedroom door to swing open and reveal a rather handsome looking Nathan. He grinned before bounding on my bed next to me, he wore black jeans, a graphic tee and blue jumper, he looked very good in it. Every time I saw him I couldn’t help but smile, cheesy I know but I acted like a love-sick girl, which I guess I was in a way.

“Hey beautiful” he said and turned pressing his familiar lips to mine, they felt how they always did, warm and soft – and so right. I always felt so lucky that I had met Nathan and our relationship had evolved to this; I can’t imagine my life without him now. I’m sure our parents knew just how serious we both were together, they’ve said before we’re like an old married couple (not sure if that’s good or bad…) whenever we had family gatherings they always said how good together we were so I hoped for the best. I guess I was just paranoid about tomorrow, thinking/hoping of all the reasons why they would accept it.

“Everything’s going to be okay Lauren, don’t worry. I can tell you’re getting stressed about it and that won’t do you or the baby any good. I love you no matter what” did I also mention how soppy Nathan had become too? Not that I minded, I mean it was nice to hear those things from him, it was just slightly cheesy, nice but cheesy. Nicely.

“Thanks Nath, love you too” I said snuggling into his chest as we lay side by side under the covers. Nath picked up the TV remote and put on a film from the movie channel. It happened to be ‘The Woman in Black’ and that had to be one of the jumpiest films around. No doubt I would spend most of the time buried in Nathan’s chest as he smirked like the gentleman he was.

A/N -  I know it was kind of short but I’m just setting the story up, next one will be longer… what do you think of the storyline so far? You liking that she’s pregnant? I won’t say it’s one smooth ride though, far from it…

Comment, vote, fan S x

PS. From now on I’m setting my upload day to every FRIDAY!! (Give or take the odd few as no doubt there will be times I can’t upload then) 

See you next Friday! XD