Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Jay’s P.O.V

I looked down at the little baby in my arms, he was going to be one heck of a heartbreaker with us four boys as uncles, and Nathan as a dad. I couldn’t wait to take him out to the pub for a pint, in-fact I kind of felt like one now, all that stress of sitting there waiting to see if everything was okay with Lauren and Nathan and now this little chap makes me feel like I’ve given birth. Not that I ever want to, that is one of the things I like about being a hunk of a man – no child birth. I had eighteen years to wait until he could legally go down to the pub with me, who knows maybe he’d have a cousin from one of us other lot by then too?

“Nathan I win!” Lauren exclaimed looking extremely pleased with herself, I had to give it to her, she was one heck of a strong woman. With what happened with Ella I thought something bad would happen, not going to lie, and then giving birth after three hours, that girl derives a medal or something. Well I guess she got Nathan, a proposal and a baby, but still. “Damn you do” Nathan muttered, Max beat me to the post in asking what their bet was. “Nathan bet that I’d have a girl, I bet a boy” Lauren smiled looking over at the little chubby cheeks in my arms, I had to admit he was cute, though never out loud.

“What’s the prize then?” Nareesha asked, Nathan looked at Lauren and Lauren looked over at Nathan, both of them shrugged their shoulders. “Honestly I can’t remember, I’ll think of one though” Lauren winked in Nathan’s direction and he rolled his eyes, I chuckled as I watched them. “Are you going to see Auntie Megan?” I asked the sleeping baby, not that I expected him to respond, though it would be pretty freaking awesome if he did. Megan opened her arms as I gently passed the tiny sleeping body over, I made sure I was careful because I know, and you know, how clumsy I am.

I got my phone and took a few photos of Megan and the newest edition to the family, it was such a nice sight I couldn’t resist. Not only was Megan looking A+ but little Sykes looked so comfortable in her arms, kind of made me wish he was ours just so I could see that sight all the time. “Speaking of bets didn’t we have one going on?” I asked once I’d stopped looking over at Megan. “Oh yeah I think we did” Tom said, rubbing his neck. “What bet did you guys have?” Nathan asked, if he wasn’t looking at his fiancé he was looking at his son, I think our bromance had officially come to a stand sill, damn.

“We bet when you were going to ask Lauren to marry you” Kelsey smirked and they rolled their eyes, “Well who won then?” Lauren asked, we all thought about this for a minute so the room was filled with a silence, I kind of wanted to shout something rude out, but since we were in a hospital room with a new born baby I thought better of it. “I believe it was me” Michelle announced, she told us her date and she was the closest therefore the winner. “Guess the drinks are on us then” Max winked pulling her in for a side hug, I bit down on my tongue fighting the need to say that wasn’t the only thing he’d be giving her.

“Have you got a name for him?” Laurens dad asked looking over at his daughter, future son in law and grandson. You could tell when he was holding little chuck (I’ve decided that’s going to be my nickname for him and only mine) just how proud he was. “I think we have” Lauren said looking over to Nath who nodded, I gave him a questioning glance before he spoke. “Luca James Sykes” I hadn’t expected his name to be Luca, but I liked it, it somehow suited him. He didn’t look like a Luke and Luca was just a nice twist. I had however expected James, it seemed to be a male Sykes family tradition or something to have it in your name.

Nareesha went to go and get one of the midwives or nurses or whoever to get a group photo of us all, Lauren complained that she looked like crap but the girls pulled random things out their bags and started covering her face in make-up, Max was holding Luca at this point so the rest of us boys were crowded round pulling weird faces, he hadn’t cried yet. Thank goodness. A babies cry was something I didn’t particularly like, I mean it was so high pitch, kind of like Max’s voice in I Found You – that would be a good joke to tease him about later.