Chapter 2

Chapter 2

The next morning when I woke up I was in a really happy mood for some reason, then when I remembered we were telling the boys and our families today those happy thoughts changed to nervous thoughts, curse mood swings! Though it did help that Nathan was next to me, his arm draped over my waist and his face pressed rather close to mine against the pillow, his mouth agape. I watched his face as his dark eyelashes fluttered as his dreamt, his hair was sticking up in various directions, and I don’t know if it was possible but he still looked hot, like damn hot.

When I sneezed however he jumped and sat straight upwards, he looked around confused before his eyes landed on my figure and a small grin began to form on his lips. “Morning” he said and pecked me on the lips, “Morning to you too” I said before stretching and standing up, I pulled the blanket up with me and wrapped it around my figure. I ignored Nathans smirk and headed straight for the bathroom to have a morning shower.

“Are you ready for today?” Nathan said as he sat on the bed putting on some socks when I walked out dressed and refreshed. “I guess so” I muttered, I wasn’t really. Not when I didn’t know what their reactions were going to be, it was a scary thought that your family might disown you or something like that. “It will be fine, don’t worry about it” Nathan’s reassuring words said just like he had read my thoughts. “How are we going to do it? And who are we going to tell first?” I asked.

“Well I told my parents and Jess we had something we needed to tell them so they’re coming down to London for the day, they’re going to do some shopping afterwards. I’ve given them your address and your parents have heads up so we can tell them both together. We’ll go tell the others afterwards, we’re meeting them at Nando’s for lunch” I nodded, at least he had a plan, I would have just winged it and hoped for the best.

“Alright, what time is your family getting here?” I asked looking at the clock, I was surprized when it read 11am. I thought it was earlier than that. “In fifteen minutes” Nathan said looking at the clock too, I nodded and grabbed a hairbrush running it through my hair again and again. It wasn’t knotty or anything, it was just the nerves that had set and made me frantic. Nathan walked over and took the hairbrush out of my hands setting it on my desk “You look perfect” was all he said and a smile small played on my lips fighting through the nerves.

That was until the doorbell rang meaning they were here, and slightly earlier than usual. I looked once again at Nathan and he nodded, that was all I needed to take his hand as he led me out of my room and down the two flights of stairs. “Nathan!” Jess said running into his outstretched arms, I smiled, they were such a close brother and sister that it was just nice to watch them together. “Lauren it’s nice to see you again” his mum said, “you too” I replied as she gave me a quick hug. “Hello Lauren” Harry, Nathans dad said as he walked past to greet my dad and mum. It was good that they knew each other with Harry and my dad working together.

With Jess stuck to Nathans side and our parents chatting away we slowly made our way to the living room before settling on the sofas. Everyone seemed to quiet down and their curious glances were focused on Nathan and I. I looked up at Nathan and he took my hand before turning to the others on the sofas opposite. I cleared my throat scared that I wouldn’t be able to talk for some reason.

“So you have something to tell us?” my mum said and I nodded, I felt like I couldn’t talk. I began to shuffle in my seat, getting hot as butterflies circled around my stomach. “Two things actually” Nathan said referring to the fact I was moving in with him. Nathan was vaguely aware that I was stuck in whatever trance I was and unable to speak so he took it in his hands that he would be telling them the news. “Spit it out” Harry joked and Nathan broke into a small smile.