2.

Edited: 25th December 2016

^Maya Palmer

2.

MY THROAT WAS dry since I was yet struck by the shock of getting almost killed, a few minutes ago. I heaved out a breath as I looked unbelievably at Emily who had surprisingly gained back her normal composure as she hummed to a Little Mix tune. Maya and I looked at each other with the 'is she kidding' look and then turned our gaze towards Emily who threw a glance at us and put on an innocent demeanour.

"That was seriously not my fault. The guy doesn't know how to drive." Emily justified, throwing her hands in the air, in defence, for a minute and got them back to the wheel, thankfully.

"Really, Em? You were trying to click a fucking picture of yourself pouting like a duck while driving." Maya exclaimed, with anger lacing her voice.

"Correction, like Kylie Jenner. And we're not dead, right? Chill your tits." Emily said with a simply shrug.

"We're not, but there was a high chance of being." I deadpanned from behind. Maya mused and nodded her head in agreement whilst Emily let out a defeated sigh. We were bantering and trying to convince Emily but well, she's Emily and hence we decided to quit talking about the topic altogether and switched on the radio.

Emily was too drowned into singing along with Camilla Cabello's voice blasting through the radio whereas Maya decided to get indulged into her cell phone, probably texting her cute crush which left me alone with my thoughts.

Not exactly the best combination.

As I gazed out of the window at the numerous houses by the road passing by, I couldn't help but contemplate if all of this was right. Sure going to party was all exhilarating and cool, but honestly, it wasn't my scene. And the fact that I'm going to do something which is out of my comfort zone made my insides twist nastily.

There was an uneasy feeling piling up within me; a warning sign flashing in front of me. Maybe it was like nature's way of indicating something. But as soon as the car came to halt, I was pulled out of my reverie. The girls got out of the car while I was stuck to my seat, not able to budge, let alone get out of the vehicle.

The door was suddenly opened as I felt a gush of cold breeze over my exposed legs. Emily beckoned me to come out with an exciting smile but I couldn't move a single muscle. "I can't do this." I whispered.

"Grace," Emily drawled, as she took her hand in mine and slowly helped me get out of her car. I gulped audibly as I avoided my best friends' worried stares and stared art nothing particular on the ground. "Come on, it's just a stupid party. Don't get yourself worked up." She said, putting her hands on my shoulder and smiled reassuringly at me.

"She's right." Maya chimed in. "Albeit for a change." To that, Emily playfully glared at Maya to which she rolled her eyes. "But come on, this just a random party. What can the worst possible outcome be?" She said, turning towards me.

What could the worst possible outcome be? Getting drunk? Playing truth and dare with hormonal and absolutely crazy teenagers? Possibly make out with a weirdo having bad breath? Or maybe all.

"Okay." I mumbled, giving in to their puppy eyes.

"You are going to have lots and lots of fun. I'll make sure of it." Emily said, clapping her hands excitedly and then gripping onto my wrist and pulling me towards the front yard of Xavier Smith, the host.

"But what are you going to say about me? Like who I am?" I asked Emily. I grasped for air as I tried catching up to her vampire pace. But before she could even answer my question, we were already at the door with Xavier Smith standing right in front of us, grinning.