Chapter Eleven.

^Amanda Evans.

Chapter Eleven.

"How does this look?" I asked Blake, as I put a clean table cloth on the dining table, plates neatly arranged along with steak and garlic bread. Beads of sweat flowed down from the side of my head, across the face down to the crook of my neck. I bit my nails anxiously as Blake was thoughtfully scrutinizing my arrangement.

"It think it's perfect."

"Are you sure? I mean, will Mr. Evans like it? What if it's not um, posh enough? I don't want to get kicked out, Blake." I rambled, as I nervously fidgeted with the spoon in my hand.

Mr. Evans, was coming back from his business trip today, and this is going to be our first rendezvous. I've always heard dad talk about the importance of first impression. And I surely wanted to make a good one on Mr. Evans. Until mom is fine, I had to keep this job. Without this job, I'd be doomed.

"Johnson, don't sweat it. Trust me, this is perfect." He said in an assuring manner which kind of failed at assuring me about this, which made me doubt about the assurance of my job, but then, I decided to agree and give it a rest.

"If you say so."

Before I could open my mouth to rebut, the door bell rang. I gulped audibly and pulled my T-shirt down, to get rid of the crumples, if any in order to look presentable.

"Dora?" I heard Blake yell in awe and surprise. Due to my infinite curiosity to poke my straight and small nose in Blake's life, I quickly yet quietly trotted to the living room. From the corridor, I peaked my head in.

A tall girl, almost 5'8 with blonde hair chopped into a short bob, stood at the door, her two huge suitcases near her legs, and had a scowl plastered on her face. Beautiful failed to define the limits of her beauty.

"Don't call me that, Kitty." The curvaceous blonde scowled at Blake, who was glued to his place, gaping at her with shock and happiness. He immediately pulled her in for a tight hug, which made my stomach twist in discontent. The scowl on the blonde's face turned into a small smile, as she patted Blake's back. As they pulled away, her eyes landed on me.

"Who are you?" She asked suspiciously, her eyebrows furrowed in due to confusion. I bit my lip and stepped out.

"Um, hi." Was all I could say.

"Dora, meet.."

"God, Blake. Stop calling me that." She grunted. Blake rolled his eyes at her and turned towards me. "Oh, and I'm Amanda, his sister." The blonde shot me a smile. "And I presume you're this poop's girlfriend?"

"NO!" Blake and I hollered at the same time. "God, Mandy, we're just friends. Stop assuming." Blake grumbled.

My cheeks turned warm as Amanda turned towards me with a smirk, "In denial, huh?"

"Bitch." Blake muttered under his breath which was pretty audible for the human ear. Amanda smacked her hand bag against the back of his head which earned a cry from Blake.

"Cussing ain't cool, baby brother." She shot him an innocent smile. I let out a low giggle, seeing the siblings together. They reminded me so much of Cass and I, except the violence. "How rude of me to not ask you your name." Amanda grinned at me sheepishly.

"That's because you are oblivious to chivalry." Blake butted in. Amanda swung her hand bag against his head, again. "God, females." Blake muttered angrily, as he rubbed the back of his head. She turned towards me with a friendly smile.