Chapter Seven.

^Rosalyn Smith.

Chapter Seven.

"Gracey, what's wrong? You are unbelievably quiet." Maya asked curiously. We walked through the hallways towards the cafeteria for lunch. What if I am actually pregnant? How would I bring up my child when I'm already running in debts? My eyes widened and I snapped out of my thoughts when Maya shook me by my shoulders.

"Grace. Are you going to start talking?" Maya asked with a pointed look. I didn't know if I should discuss my doubts with Maya. I don't want her to think of me as a desperate, hopeless and a romantic nutcase who jumped into the bed with her crush when given the opportunity. So I lied.

"Just worried about this nauseousness. I don't want to be diagnosed with some serious ailment."

Maya scrutinized my face, looking for a hint if I was hiding something. A few moments later, a small smile grew on her face as she slung her arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer as we were walking.

"Relax, Grace. It's probably a bug. Don't let it bother you." She said with an assuring smile. I returned the gesture as we approached the cafeteria. My phone suddenly began to buzz. I pulled it out from the pocket of my jeans. I slide the answer button.

"Hey, Cass. What's up?" I asked. She probably called up for reminding me about the doctor's appointment which I surely am going to procrastinate. I had to be sure about this pregnancy shit before I visit the doctor with Cass. I don't want her to learn about my mistake.

"I have taken a leave from the extra practice. We are going to a doctor after school." Cass stated in a tone which left no room for argument.

"Cass, we cannot go today, I have some work with Blake after school. Also, I have to visit mom." I said. I was internally praying that Cass would agree to my proposal without any squabble. Which didn't happen, much to my dismay.

"Please don't tell me you are willing to cancel your appointment just for the douche. Blake can do whatever the hell he wants. You are not cancelling the appointment because of that moron." Cass fumed from the other side of the call. For a fifteen year old, she was very obdurate.

"It's urgent, Cass. I cannot miss it." I tried convincing her.

"Do as you please." With that she disconnected the call. I let out a sigh. I wouldn't blame Cass for hanging up on me. She cares for me and wants the best for me. I felt bad for hiding the real reason from her but I didn't have a choice right now. Maya gaped at me with an amusing smile plastered on her face.

"What was that about?" She asked, as we grabbed our trays and made our way towards our table.

"Cass wanted to take me to doctor for a check-up. And I cannot go due to some work." I didn't bother mentioning the details of the work. "So she got a little pissed." I murmured as I had a bite of my sandwich. Maya nodded her head as she continued devouring her meal.

"Hey, lovelies!" Emily chirped, as she took a seat next to me.

"What took you so long?" Maya asked. Emily's mirthful expression changed into an irked one in a matter of few seconds. She grumbled a couple of incoherent words under her breath before she brought her gaze towards her.