Chapter Thirty-Seven

"Shut up! Shut up, you pooping machine!" Damon groaned exasperatedly as he removed Summer's dirty diaper and picked it up. He covered his nose with a gagged expression as he disposed the dirty diaper in the nearby bin. "This is so agonizing." He huffed, as he looked disapprovingly and continued, "I think I'm going to need a six months long and relaxing vacation in Hawaii." He sighed. His face was taken over by vexation when Summer began to cry, again.

I walked over to the crib and took her in my arms. "Aww, baby. Good girls don't cry." I cooed at her. She stopped and looked at me blankly. I placed a quick kiss on the tip of her nose and cradled her in my arm and sang a lullaby. She sucked onto her thumb as she shut her eyelids.

"Can I take her?" Em asked, excitedly. I chuckled and passed Summer over to Em, who suppressed a screeching 'aww', and cradled her in her arms, clearly enjoying it. She hummed a soft tune as she slowly carefully swirled around, adoringly gaping at Summer. As I averted my from Em, a small smile grew on my face, seeing Damon happy. He was smiling at Em who was oblivious to her boyfriend's gaze.

"She's asleep." Em whispered, walking towards the cradle and placing her carefully in it.

"Just the sound of it gives me relief." Damon sighed, running a hand through his black hair. "Damn, where can I unregister for this bullshit?" Damon asked, referring to frequent and forceful babysitting Summer whilst his parents are out.

"You are an asshole. How can you not succumb to the cuteness of this sweetheart?" Em grunted at her boyfriend, who seemed unfazed.

"I've succumbed to the deafening cries, though."

"Guys." I interrupted before Em could rebut. It took us almost an hour to rock Summer to sleep and the last thing we want was to her wake up and Damon to begin his 'hate being a big brother' monologue. "Let's get out of here before we wake her up." I suggested.

The two nodded in agreement and Em slide her arm around my waist, as we trotted downstairs to the drawing room and settled down on the comfortable sofa.

It is funny to see how people, sometimes cannot be honest with themselves, just for the sake of having the 'I'm a tough guy' rep. Damon was not new to this imbecile fad. He'd always act like Summer's a pain in the butt, but had I not caught him in a moment with his sister, the other day, when he was cradling her in his arms and trying to sing a nursery rhyme, I too, like the rest of the gang would have fallen for Damon's act. He doesn't need to know that, though.

"Where's Kay?" I asked Damon, as he handed me and Em, our cups of hot chocolate and settled down next to his girlfriend.

"Upstairs. Experimenting with some beats and shit. She's good though." Damon said, referring to Kayla's DJ activities. Kayla wanted to be the next Martin Garixx and she's been preparing herself since forever. Seeing her undeviated persistence, I think the kid's got a bright path ahead.

"Prom is just around the corner. I cannot believe this!" Em said excitedly. "What makes it special is the fact that we have some extremely amazing dates, don't you think?" She grinned. Turning around she pressed her lips against Damon's and pulled away before things could get too..out of hand.

I surely don't want to ruin Damon's carpet.

"All of this is so surreal." I said with a nostalgic sigh. "At the start of the year, I would've never thought about attending Senior Prom, let alone with Blake!" I stated with a laugh.