Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter Twenty-Nine

"Whaa..what are you doing here, Blake? And how did you find me?" I stuttered, taking a step back, away from Blake who had worry lacing over his handsomely crafted face. With every step behind, Blake sauntered towards me and got hold of my wrist, pulling me towards him carefully.

He brushed the strands of hair that came forward, covering my face, and tucked them behind my ear gently as he placed a kiss on my forehead. I closed my eyes shut as I felt his lips lingering over my forehead and heard him mutter, "You think I won't find out where you disappeared, baby?"

"I didn't expect you to." I muttered, moving a little away from him and wiping the beads of tears near the rim of eyes. "We should get going." I said, mustering up my fakest smile and pulling him by his arm towards the gate. But due to the muscles, I didn't exactly succeed in what I intended to do. "Come on." I nudged.

But he didn't move a step. He stood still, blankly gawking at me. "You know you can trust me, right?"He asked as he took his hand in mine. I let my eyes travel up to his, only to see that they floated with nothing but honesty. I nodded my head in affirmative. Blake snaked his arms around my waist and pulled me into his embrace as he lightly stroked my back while my head rested on his chest. "You can talk when you're ready, I won't force you. But just so you know, everything's gonna be alright." He mumbled as he rested his chin on the top of my head.

Tightening my grip around his well built trunk, I snuggled closer, if that was even possible and whispered softly, "I hope so."

-

The ride back to home was soothingly quiet. Blake kept me engaged by talking about how Damon smashed a jock's nuts for getting a little too friendly with Emily, on the field, for which he was given detention by the coach. I let out a chuckle, imagining a grumpy Damon sitting in the detention room. Blake parked the car but before I could get out, Blake opened it for me and helped me get out.

"Did you inform Amanda about where you were?" I asked, remembering the last time we went out unannounced at night which made her go bonkers due to worry.

"Do you realize how worried I was when my little brother and my pregnant friend were missing in the morning?" Amanda asked. Blake simply stared at her blankly, not even bothering to reply. Amanda put her hand in Blake's one of the jean pocket and pulled out his iPhone. "This," She said, pointing towards the mobile handset, "was invented by Steve Jobs. You can call a person whose contact is stored in your cell phone, and you can also send a simple text 'Hey, I'm out. Don't worry about us, we'll be fine' by typing it and hitting the 'send' button. So next time when you plan a little adventure for yourself when the rest of the world sleeps, why don't you try the functions that this phone of yours can perform. Thanks." Amanda said sarcastically.

"Why are you smiling like a creep, babe?" Blake asked, pulling me out of my little reverie of Amanda. I chuckled to myself which made his curiosity increase. "What is it?" He asked amusingly.

"It's nothing." I said dismissingly and pulled him towards the door. Blake kissed my head from behind as he pulled out the house key from under the pot near the door and unlocked the door. Chattering could be heard from the living room. "I didn't know we were expecting guests." I said.

"Neither did I." Blake said bewilderedly as we walked towards the living room. My mouth hung down in shock as I witnessed an eighty year old woman dancing wildly by Amanda's side to 'Turn Down For What' blasting through the speakers.

She spanked Amanda's derriere and let out a laugh, "Girl, you got a fine booty there!" The old woman stopped in her tracks and a smug smile grew on her face as her gaze fell on Blake who was grinning spastically beside me.