3.

Edited: 8th January 2017

^Emily McQuaid

3.

THERE ARE MOMENTS in life wherein you are in such a fix that you cannot exactly fathom what the reality is and what is a mere fragment of imagination. There have been many such instances where I've experienced the same. At the age of six, I could feel myself falling down to incessantly, not smashing against the ground at any moment. I would be hysterically splaying in my bed until the annoying alarm would ring off, snapping me out of the weird almost-feeling-real dream.

As my eyes snapped open, I stretched my hands lethargically and let out a yawn. What made my eyeballs bigger than the size of basketball was the fact that I was lying naked with just a crème coloured blanket overlapping my body. I pulled the blanket closer to my body as I looked around warily and realized that this wasn't even my bedroom.

My head was pounding, as if millions of hammers were simply hammering my head over and over again. I massaged the sides of my head in a failed attempt of getting rid of the excruciating pain when I became conscious of the fact that I was not lying in here alone, due to the light snores reverberating in the room. Warily and slowly, I turned to my left only to find a certain person, semi-naked, sleeping right next to my trembling figure.

No, no, no, no, no, no. This cannot possibly be happening right now. I began biting onto my tiny nails apprehensively as memories of last night started flooding their way into my head.

I was at Xavier Smith's party, Maya and Emily left for the dance before I drank, I ran into the deviously handsome Blake, we kissed in the lawn and then..

Oh

OH

My eyes were lingering on Blake's bare upper body, whilst the blanket hung low over his lower half. I could feel myself gulping in trepidation as I began joining the dots. I covered my mouth, preventing a loud gasp to escape and wake him up in the process, when I realized what a grave and a foolish deed I had committed.

I lost my virginity to the person who doesn't even think I'm worthy of walking on the ground that he walks on, who also happens to be the love of my life and probably my future husband but it's only me who is aware about the latter part.

So basically, I, Grace April Johnson am royally screwed for life and there is nothing I can do to reverse all of this and flatly deny Maya's offer of coming to this imbecile party in the first place. Perturbation coursed through my veins and I popped out of the bed immediately. I quickly put on my clothes that were lying crumpled near the bed and grabbed the blonde wig, along with my phone. However, when I tried to walk, I could feel my legs all wobbly –thanks to the breaking of my hymen- and at any moment, I could lose my balance and crash my head against the ground.

Like the headache wasn't killing me already.

I opened the bedroom door and looked back to a sleeping Blake one last time. My chest became heavy with the thought of going away from him, even if this sounds cheesier than the McDonald's cheese burger. But I had no option but to go, far and as soon as possible. Because he doesn't know who the girl he slept really is. And it would be the best for the both of us if it stays that way. Even if it would my crush my heart into miniscule zillion pieces.

I slowly made my way downstairs, looking around at the mess that the people from my school have made of Xavier's house. Alcohol was reeking all around, the food was scattered at some places, add the empty beer cans and glasses too. Internally pitying the person who'd have to clean up this mess, I walked my way towards the road.