Chapter 8...

The party hall had never look so good, was the main thought running through the minds of the immortals partying. The stone was polished so Cho (Aphrodite) could turn around whenever she would feel like to check her reflection. The olive wood tables were smooth and piled high with golden plates filled with ambrosia and golden goblets brimming with the never ending drink of nectar. Nymph's hung off each other as they drunkenly tried to hold the other up. Large bowls were filled with fire and set about the large room reflecting off the glowing eyes of the undying. Large couches were sat upon as lovers re-found and new were lying upon each other, searching for that desire of ecstasy.

One immortal stood up, his emerald green eyes were dark with that promise of pleasure, and he spoke, "Silence!" and the hall fell silent, "I would like to raise a toast to the new found peace between me and my brothers, Neville and Draco," and two other men stood up, "May we forever remain this way," he spoke to them and rose his goblet.

"Forever," the men responded with a clang of their own cups and they drank.

"Now, time for some entertainment!" and the Muses rose from the spots beside their lovers. Clio held a guitar in her hands, Euterpe held a flute, Terpsichore held the harp in between her legs; fingers poised to start playing, Erato and Melpomene and Polymnia held a lyre in their lap; their positions reflecting Terpsichore, and Thalia, Ourania, and Calliope were using their mouths to make noise as the group struck a chord.

Draco (Hades) looked up at the sudden appearance of a female in the middle of the paused partyers, dressed in a white outfit, a light pink veil held in her hand. The females' hair was a dark brown and had gold thread weaving in and out of it. Her feet were bare but pale and soft looking as she started to move across the floor. Draco felt like he knew that body somewhere but he could not see her face. Her arms moved in intricate circles, the pink veil following behind her. Draco leaned over into Harry's ear.

"Who is that goddess?" Draco asked.

Harry smiled, "I would tell you her name but she has been called for."

Draco smirked, "I assume that this person who claim's her is you, brother."

"You assume right, brother," and he turned back to playing with the top of a female servants chlamys.

Draco returned his attention back to the female who was coming towards him. Her face turned to him but the pink veil covered it so all he could make out was her pale complexion, her rosy lips, and the dark makeup around her eyes. She spun around and the veil fell down so it looked like she had wings. Her head fell back as she bent at her waist, her brown hair a waterfall as she leaned back toward Harry. Draco recognized the woman then and he smiled at her. He reached out possessively and instinctively and grabbed her arm, causing her to fall onto his lap.

"We meet again, my lady," he whispered in her ear before she was pulled from his grasp.

"I would watch what you touch, my brother," Harry growled in his ear before turning to Hermione, "Dance," he commanded and Hermione glanced at Draco, the hot fever from before raced across her skin, before she began again her tango of womanly curves and softness.

"I am sorry, brother," Draco said, "She was just a...," he paused to think of a word that his brother would believe, "very tempting female," he lied through his teeth.

"I glad all those years in that dark world of yours has not made you blind to the female species," Harry smirked.

"I'm glad, also," Draco smiled as he returned his gaze to the female.

Soon the dance came to an end and most of the gods rose to give Hermione a round of applause. Draco just clapped as to not look suspicious but inside he was smiling and his heart was giving her the biggest round of applause.

Harry rose, "Thank you, my dear," Draco did not like the way that Harry was talking to her and then everything popped into place. Draco blocked Harry's voice out as his face turned from boredom to anger and he rose from his seat. He walked out of the hall and out into the orchard, his mind running a million miles per hour. Why would she do this for him?

ͼͽͼͽ ͼͽͼͽ ͼͽͼͽ ͼͽͼͽ

Hermione rushed away from the hall feeling like she was on fire. She ended up back at her house where Astoria and her mother were waiting for her.

Hannah (Demeter) rushed forward, "Oh, you danced beautiful, my daughter," and she hugged Hermione who tried not to flinch.

Astoria noticed this and stood up from her seat in the corner of the room, "How about you go and get Hermione a drink and food, Aunt Hannah? She looks like she needs it."

"Of course," Hannah said giving Hermione's cheek a sharp pat before she left Hermione's house in a flash.

"Thank you, Ash," Hermione said as she sat down on her bed.

"Anytime," Astoria (Artemis) said as she came up to her, "So, is he here?"

Hermione smiled, blush forming on her cheeks knowing who she was talking about, "Oh, yea."

Astoria squealed, "Tell me."

Hermione burst into laughter, "You sound like Cho."

Astoria's smile turned into a frown, "Tell me, please. And do not call me that disgusting daughter of a bitch."

"I was dancing over to Harry," his name was now the one that sounded like poison to her, "When he pulled me onto his lap and said, 'We meet again, my lady,'" she tried her best to be like him.

Astoria sighed as she walked over to the outfit she was to wear for the party and for Harry, "I am sorry you have to go through this Hermione," she said as she picked up the outfit and held it out for Hermione, "I know what love feels like."

"Really?" Hermione's ears pircked up at the sound and again she tried to ignore the light headness and hot feeling running through her body, "Who?"

Astoria made a small smile, "I know I shouldn't but I just couldn't help myself."

"Tell me who," Hermione insisted again.

"My brother."

"What?" Hermione shrieked, "Blaise (Apollo)?"

Astoria nodded, "Well, let's forget about it. Time for you to get ready."

Hermione sighed and picked up the cloth, looking down at the white material, "Why does he want white?"

"Because-," Astoria was about to say when Hermione interrupted.

"I know," Hermione said, "Symbolic but I do find it annoying. All this white, what I would kill for some colors or black right now."

Astoria chuckled, "Yea, I understand. That is part of the reason why I leave all the time. I don't think anyone ever told you but I was supposed to marry Dean (Hermes)."

"I did not know that," Hermione said.

"Yea," Astoria said, "We talked a lot hoping that we might fall in love but all we ever saw in each other was sibling love," Astoria placed a hand on her knee, "I'm glad you fell in love with a god who is not an ass," and Hermione laughed, "Now, I'll leave you to get change," and Astoria was gone.

Hermione smiled sadly as she looked down at the soft fabric, it reminded her of that ugly chlamys Draco had forced her to get married in. She reached up on her shoulders and unclasped the golden pins, her chlamys falling to her feet. She then brought the soft white material up on her body and a knock echoed across her home. She did not look up, thinking it was Astoria, when she said, "Come in."

She heard a sharp male inhale from behind her and she looked up just as she brought the single golden clasp up around to her left shoulder, leaving her other bare. A tall dark figure with bright blonde hair stood in the doorway. She smiled up at him in a friendly manner. Meanwhile, fire was being born inside her body and the sickness was taking effect, "Good evening, my Lord Draco."