chapter 6: transformation

(I drew the pic at the top, by the way.) Hope you like this chapter. :)

"It all started at my school." Jack says. "I had a friend named Jen. She was like a sister to me. We were both the outcasts. My roommate and I got along fine...until he found out that I was hanging out with Jen. He said that she read weird books about cults and stuff, and that he was worried that she was evil. He told me to stay away from her, but I didn't listen." Jack pauses for a second, then resumes with the story.
"She lead me to a cave just outside of the schools campus. She and her friends had been hanging out at that cave for a long time. That was when I got to know her friends more. I became closer to them, and soon I started to regularly visit the cave.
"One night I was in my dorm, unable to sleep. I happened to look out the window and see a light in the forest near the cave. I had thought that Jen and her friends we're having a campout or something. I was curious, so I got out of bed and went to the cave.
Unfortunately, it wasn't a campout. I had walked in on them performing a ritual for a cult. They we're wearing black robes and blue masks..."
Jack touches his mask and looks down, but continues to speak.
"Jen's friends captured me and tied me to a stone slab in the middle of the cave. They had my arms and legs pinned down and I couldn't move. I started to panic when one of them came up to me, chanting words in another language. They were holding a large spoon...my sences got cut off right as they began to dig at my eyes...then, all I saw was black..." Jack trails off and starts twirling his scalpel between his fingers.
"I felt like a different person when they were finished with me. My skin had turned grey, my teeth and fingernails were long and sharp...and I had a craving. A hunger that tore at my insides. I killed them. I killed all of them and tore out their kidneys with a scalpel I had found on the ground. I saved Jen for last. She was the leader, after all. I made her suffer..." Jack stops talking and stares at his gloved hands.
"W-what did they do to you?" You ask shakily.
"They turned me into... something. I-i don't know what..." he replies.
"Is that why you wear the mask?"
Jack nods his head and sighs.
Without thinking, you lift your arms up to his mask, cupping both sides in your hands.
"Can I see?" You whisper and slowly start to slide his mask up.
Jack harshly pulls back after you lift it up past his lips. He presses his back to the arm of the couch, bringing his knees up to his chest.
"You are not ready to see yet." He says, his voice low.