chapter 9: blood

The slam of the front door wakes you up. Jack must be home.
You hear him rustling around in the kitchen for awhile when he opens your door.
You gasp when you notice him covered in blood.
"Jack! What the heck?!" You back up from him.
He looks down at his clothes, silent. "S-sorry..." he murmurs.
You warily look at him from across the room.
"Shouldn't you go change your clothes or something?" You ask him.
He shrugs. "Whats the point? They're already stained." He replies.
He walks closer to you, making the blood staining his clothes more visible. You notice that there are rips in his hoody. That's not the blood of a victim.....
"Uhh, Jack? You're bleeding." You say, pointing to the rips in his jacket.
He shrugs again and unchains you, not seeming to care.
"Jack, you're bleeding badly." You say again.
"I don't care. Just leave me alone." He replies, turning to leave.
You grab his arm. "No. Let me help you." You say, and drag him into the bathroom.
You sit him on the toilet and open the medicine cabinet above the sink.
You lay each medical item neatly on the counter.
"Take your Hoody off. I'm going to clean your cuts." You tell him.
He shakes his head. "No."
"Jack. They are going to get infected."
"Don't care."
You put your hands on your hips and sigh. "Why won't you let me help you?"
"Because I am fully capable of taking care of myself." He replies.
"Apparently not, because if you were capable of taking care of yourself, you wouldn't be hurt." You retort.
Jack sighs. "I'm doing this for your own good."
"So, you're refusing my help for my own good." You shake your head. "That's not right. Come on, let me help you." You reach a hand toward him, but he swats it away.
"No." He says sternly, looking at you from behind his blue mask.
"What don't you want me to see? I already don't believe your skin is grey, so you can stop faking it if that's what you're doing. I just want to help you."
"I wasn't lying about my skin, and yes, that is the reason why I don't want you to help. I don't want you to see what I look like." Jack replies. "Its disgusting..."
"Whatever... I don't care what you look like, you know. I just don't want you bleeding to death or dying of infection, that's all." You reply. "Now let me help."
Jack hesitates for a moment. "Fine. But you're not going to like what you see." He says.
Jack slowly starts to lift the black hoody over his head, carefully trying not to move his mask out of place.
Underneath, reveals his dark grey skin covered in deep cuts.
You stand there, speechless. "I-i didn't think you were being serious about your skin and stuff...." you say. "I-im sorry"
Jack rubs the back of his neck. "Whatever....just clean me up..." he murmurs, obviously not happy about his decision.
You grab the gause and an antibiotic to disinfect the wounds.
He hisses in pain as you apply the disinfectant to the cuts.
Finally, you wrap the gause around the deeper ones, and place bandages on the smaller ones.
"See? That wasn't so bad." You say as you put the supplies away.
"Whatever...." Jack grumbles and quickly puts his jacket back on.
"How did that even happen, anyway?" You ask.
Jack pushes past you and exits the bathroom, not replying to you.
You follow him into the kitchen where he takes a kidney from the fridge. "It just happened, OK?" He murmurs, biting into the kidney. You decided to leave it at that.....for now....